Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ES13Raven

Default Laser Shield - GOL question

This question is for the GOL guys, since you are the ones who have done some real world testing with the LaserShield...

Scenario:

Say if I had no headlights at all, or any other laser reflective parts on the front of my car besides the license plate...

What is the average amount of protection (in feet) that a Laser Shield will provide?

I know it will vary depending on what Laser Gun is used etc. but what is the average range loss? Say if you can get a reading with no protection at 1300 feet, would a Laser Shield protect for say until 800 feet?

Yoda of Radar

Even though I am not one of the GOL

It would also depend on the car you had.... (remember the car as a whole contributes to the reflective surfaces)

A black corvette or 3kgt vr-4 will be much harder to target then a white or silver mercedes (or any car notorious for large flat front ends) etc etc....

So that is another thing to take into account, how much it would help on a particular car.

(Again not a GOL hereobviously, they will be able to have more input on this then me...)

Advanced Member

It still will depend heavily on the vehicle etc. But here's an example: on Sethy's car, he was getting 1200-1600 foot punchthroughs against the LZ1 with no countermeasures. Add the Laser Shield and VEIL, and he was getting 300-600 feet punchthroughs.

Also, on LordHamster's BMW he got about 1600 feet with no countermeasures. When only the laser shield was added, he got in the 900s...

Jim

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by jimbonzzz
    It still will depend heavily on the vehicle etc. But here's an example: on Sethy's car, he was getting 1200-1600 foot punchthroughs against the LZ1 with no countermeasures. Add the Laser Shield and VEIL, and he was getting 300-600 feet punchthroughs.

Jim
    Hey Jim, just your wild guess as a super expert: mine is a black Civic, LS for front plate (no Veil on the LS), Veil (two coatings) on the headlights, no more chrome on the front end, how far the laser punchthrough?
    Thanks a lot

ES13Raven

He has a silver Cavalier right? I have a blue one. It doesn't seem like I have too much to Veil besides the headlights.
    On LordHamster's BMW he got about 1600 feet with no countermeasures. When only the laser shield was added, he got in the 900s...
    Thanks Jim,

That is what I was looking for. Good to know that the Laser Shield is good for a couple hundred feet by itself. :wink:

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Road Warrior
    Hey Jim, just your wild guess as a super expert: mine is a black Civic, LS for front plate (no Veil on the LS), Veil (two coatings) on the headlights, no more chrome on the front end, how far the laser punchthrough?
    Thanks a lot
    Happya$$ has a black Civic. On his car with VEIL and Laser Shield, he was getting punchthroughs in the 300-400 foot range against the LZ1.

Jim

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by ES13Raven
    He has a silver Cavalier right? I have a blue one. It doesn't seem like I have too much to Veil besides the headlights.
    On LordHamster's BMW he got about 1600 feet with no countermeasures. When only the laser shield was added, he got in the 900s...
    Thanks Jim,

That is what I was looking for. Good to know that the Laser Shield is good for a couple hundred feet by itself. :wink:
    Yeah laser shield definitely works as advertised. As far as what it will do on a particluar vehicle, it is difficult to say without actually testing it against all of the 3rd Gan laser guns. Definitely better to have the Laser Shield than to go without.

Jim

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Road Warrior
    Thanks a lot
    Happya$$ has a black Civic. On his car with VEIL and Laser Shield, he was getting punchthroughs in the 300-400 foot range against the LZ1.

Jim
    8) thanks a lot Jim

Yoda of Radar

RW are you trading that white Civic of yours for black now?

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by SmaartAasSaabr
    RW are you trading that white Civic of yours for black now?
    White was my parents Lada 1200, no joking I've always liked black, people usually get scared by black stuff, they get intimidated, so you can control them a bit easier If everybody would know now that black actually helps against laser guns, I bet they will run out of black cars pretty fast