Experienced

Default Another terrible install...

I noticed this in my neighbor's car today.

I couldn't tell exactly what kind of detector it was, but I could certainly tell that it was pointing backwards (sorry for the crummy cameraphone pic and the difficult reflection...)

I ran into him a few minutes later and I told him that his "new" radar detector (new in the sense that I hadn't noticed it in his car before, not new as in recent...) was mounted incorrectly.

He's an older guy so he asked me if I'd put it up the way it was supposed to go. I attached it to the front of the visor and cautioned him that his radar detector was very old and not likely to be of much use to him. It was an old Whistler "tri-band capable!!!" model from the late 80s or early 90s according to him.

He's not exactly protected now, but at least the thing is pointing in the correct direction...

Power User

Default Re: Another terrible install...

Regarding your photograph: "Can't see sh!t, Captain!"

Not only does your neighbor have little protection against RADAR/LIDAR guns, he's got a theft-magnet with a big dangling cord right there in plain view of every would-be thief that happens by. He's going to have a $500 window smashed over a RD worth $5. Not to mention the next cop that pulls him over is going to give him a ticket for sure when he sees that "intent to speed" device sitting out in plain view.

That setup is fail in every possible sense.

Good Citizen

haha poor guy. I looked at some windshields and seen some pretty hideous installs and RD's...makes me feel that much more protected =)

Advanced Member

I saw a bad install or lack there of this afternoon on my way to work. It was in a F150 pickup. The RD was set in the dashboard "sunglasses" bin. The little indentation on top of the dashboard. Looked like a Cobra no less.
    Outside Independence Hall when the Constitutional Convention of 1787 ended, Mrs. Powel of Philadelphia asked Benjamin Franklin, "Well, Doctor, what have we got, a republic or a monarchy?" With no hesitation whatsoever, Franklin responded, "A republic, if you can keep it."

-V1 3.872 (1.3 Mi. C/O Ka pointed away from me. 3.6 Mi. C/O K)-Bel RX65 New Backup (4.1 Mi. C/O Ka 35.494 Ghz, light traffic) -Laser Interceptor Gen-8 Dual (No saves yet ) -Bel 980. -Galaxy DX 959 with a peak and tune.
    -Wilson Lil' Wil antennae. -Whistler 1585. -Whistler 1430. -Passort 3200 w/ 1000 laser detector (got stolen, bought one off ebay for nostalga).
    -Cobra Trapshooter RD-31XX? (Can't remember silver/teardrop shape X, K only). -Cobra Trapshooter RD-3110 (my first RD in 1987, when Cobras were good, bought one off ebay for nostalga new in the box). -Kustom HAWK. -Kustom Falcon cordless K Band. -Kustom Talon.

Radar Fanatic
    In a town full of undercover leos blasting c/o Ka

Quote Originally Posted by TRun View Post

Those ain't even fun.........

F