Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default can't decide on a RD...

i've been researching on the v1 and rx65, and i still can't make up my mind on which one would best fit me. i've had 3 traffic tickets within the past 6 months...2 of them were for speeding.

i live in arlington, tx...the city is mildly populated. but i'll be moving down to houston within 7 months and there is a lot of traffic there, including a lot of highway driving.

Right now i am just wanting some comments on how the v1 or rx65 might fit me better, which offers functions with less falsing, and is user friendly.

I've read that the new sti is coming out, but i havent' really looked into it yet and the price is steep, but if it offers better than the rx65 and the v1, then i'll consider getting the sti instead.

Thanks!

Advanced Member

I would think the RX65 would be the most user friendly but i have only had a little time dealing with the V1.

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob
    I would think the RX65 would be the most user friendly but i have only had a little time dealing with the V1.
    The V1 can sound hard to operate....but it's not. You will love the arrows! Order them both and send the looser back....

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by davekr
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob
    The V1 can sound hard to operate....but it's not. You will love the arrows! Order them both and send the looser back....
    All I know is when i was entering NJ and had to turn X-band on it was a pain while i was driving.....

Either detector would be a good one on their default settings

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Good Citizen

I have experience with them both, and I feel like the V1 is the better of the two...the RX65 always seemed a little sketchy to me - on my last trip to my moms, there were a couple of times where I could pratically stick my hand out the window and touch the cop before the RX65 alerted.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by theresa
    I have experience with them both, and I feel like the V1 is the better of the two...the RX65 always seemed a little sketchy to me - on my last trip to my moms, there were a couple of times where I could pratically stick my hand out the window and touch the cop before the RX65 alerted.
    I agree the V-1 would be my choice--with the great range and unmatched laser detection all with the arrows, WOW its a big winner for me.

Theresa-thats called instant on

Professional

I'd go with the V1. It falses more, but the range is far superior, and the laser alerts are much more useful.

Of course, the RX65 almost never alerts to laser, so I guess anything is better than that.

Power User

Default Re: can't decide on a RD...

Quote Originally Posted by anthongy817
    i've been researching on the v1 and rx65, and i still can't make up my mind on which one would best fit me. i've had 3 traffic tickets within the past 6 months...2 of them were for speeding.

i live in arlington, tx...the city is mildly populated. but i'll be moving down to houston within 7 months and there is a lot of traffic there, including a lot of highway driving.

Right now i am just wanting some comments on how the v1 or rx65 might fit me better, which offers functions with less falsing, and is user friendly.

I've read that the new sti is coming out, but i havent' really looked into it yet and the price is steep, but if it offers better than the rx65 and the v1, then i'll consider getting the sti instead.

Thanks!
    X50!

Good Citizen

Don't Buy either one...Arlington has a lot of traffic and Houston does too. I would buy the X50. It does a great job of filtering which you will need in the city. It also has an expert mode that is wonderful, it helps you track mulitple signals at once more efficently then the V1 or the Rx65. It does a good job with Laser which is used in TX. The V1 would edge it out in that catagory, but overall take the x50. I own all three and they each have their advantages.

I will admit, I love those arrows! On my long trips, V1 is my hero!

Advanced Member
    5680 Oakbrook Parkway Suite 149 Norcross, GA

V1 & some type of laser protection are a must in the Houston area.