Good Citizen

Default Is it a radar detector or car satellite radio?

I just saw a picture of these and thought that they look a lot like radar detectors.

"The innovative mounting bracket gives you the option of placing the SV1 on your dash, console, windshield, or sun visor."

"You have the choice of mounting the radio on top of your dash with the included adhesive pad, on the windshield with the included suction cups, on a universal or vehicle-specific mount (such as a bracket made by Pro.Fit), or on your sun visor."

I could see a LEO in a jurisdiction where detectors are illegal to make the mistake of thinking that a driver was using a detector when in fact it was actually a satellite radio receiver. On the other hand an unscrupulous driver in one of those jurisdictions could mount a dummy satellite radio antenna to his roof, carry the manual to one of those radios and try to pass his similar looking detector to the LEO as a satellite radio if he got pulled over. :wink:

Scratonicity Groupie

That is the new little guy from Sirius and I love the design finally something small, only requires a 12V power tap, feeds it over the FM modulator just cant go wrong! But you are right it does look like a radar detector

Good Citizen

I wonder how long it will take RMR to figure this out and market a new model that adds satellite radio reception as one of its features?

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by eviltwin67
    I wonder how long it will take RMR to figure this out and market a new model that adds satellite radio reception as one of its features?
    Yes, but would it actually receive satellite radio, or would all the FM falses cause owners to throw it out the window?

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by bcorby
    Quote Originally Posted by eviltwin67
    Yes, but would it actually receive satellite radio, or would all the FM falses cause owners to throw it out the window?
    true, and you couldnt use it with their jammers cuz the FM chirp would totally screw everything up

Good Citizen

It's an RMR product... it would "jam" all FM falses. They would "spin" it no matter what. If the detector didn't work they'd say it was b/c the satellite radio and or jammer settings were set wrong, but if you change the settings to detect radar, then the satellite radio and jammer won't work. Come on...you couldn't actually expect that RMR could do all it "already does" plus add satellite radio reception w/o sacrificing the overall performance of its products do you? We'll have to wait for Brand Z to come up with that product.