Hi all, I was hoping for some help in trying to settle on my next detector purchase. I currently run an 8500 X50, and right now I'm torn between a V1 or an Sti-R. I'm interested in a more sensitive and overall better performing device. I'll list the pros/cons of each for what I'm looking for in a RD. Any added bonuses or corrections and personal accounts would be greatly appreciated.
As far as the V1 goes, Pros:
- Arrows to help find the craftier LEO
- Customization of RD for the user's preferences
- Affordability compared to Sti-R
- I find myself a little confused by all the different settings (although I feel like hands-on use will prove much easier than it seems)
- Sensitivity in town/city (get too used to ignoring signals?)
- Not as concealed as the Sti-R (just an aesthetic preference)
For the Sti-R, Pros:
- Concealed (for the James Bond wannabe)
- Ka Segmentation
- Familiarity with Escort/Beltronics technology
- Is it as sensitive as I'd like for all types of encounters?
- No arrows
- A little pricier
- Being a discontinued product, what kind of support, parts, and service will be available?
At the moment this covers my concerns, thanks in advance for any help. I'd be happy to explain further if there is any need for clarification. I also apologize for the long post