Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Im a Class A driver in CA ... tickets suck x10 for me!!

What ticks me off the most is the stupid legal system in CA, heck, there are tons of CA laws that are stupid. Being a Class A license holder, i cant go to traffic school, my fines double, and i get 2 points instead of 1... regardless if i drive my personal vehicle or Class A vehicle, which makes it more dumb, because i always go 55mpg on a truck in CA.

Few months ago i was speeding a little by my house, trying to get my wife home so she wont be late to work, got pulled over by a bike cop, tried to fight it, didnt work.

Few weeks ago, was turning right on an intersection, was trying to beat redlight, got cought at .90 seconds. If i knew about the redlight camera i would have probably stopped. Fought this tickett in court, cop showed up, i lost.. will try to appeal.

My point is, i cant go to traffic school, my insurance goes up higher, i have to pay more, now i have to drive like a grama for like 3 years, if i see a cop i better hide just in case!!

Im new to radars and i honestly have no clue which model to start researching, one of my friends has a 9500ix and one has V1 and they both say they are the best, everyone that owns something say it will be the best of course.

i want to get the best, im willing to invest in it, i want the most protection possible for me due to the stupid laws that punish me more than my neighboor for the same mistake.. so i have no choice but to try and fight it with everything i have, due to the discrimination, i suppose ... heck if im a class A driver and i get 2 tickets because im considered a professional driver, does this mean a CHP should get 4 points if he gets pulled over on his personal vehicle? should a bad woman driver get .5 points on her record because she might be a worser driver than a man driver? LOL

Im not sure what band and radars are used in CA, i read some people talking about KA bands and K bands, and best things that protect against that, and grocery stores use KA bands and red lights use KA bands, but being a noob in radars im just getting started with my research and im sure ill be able to find lots of answers here and lots of good advice.

I wouldnt mind a laser jammer as well, but i think those are illegal in CA i might be wrong

im hoping to get the best protection possible, because my next ticket might cost me my license

Professional

Default Re: Im a Class A driver in CA ... tickets suck x10 for me!!

Welcome to the forum I would recommend 9500ix for the urban areas of so cal with all the red light cameras. Good luck in your fights and those laws are pretty stupid

Yoda of Radar

Where in Cali do you live? Do you speed at all in your rig? What do you drive?

Quote Originally Posted by djrams80 View Post
    sacramento area, dont speed in the rig, i drive a 95 toyota pick up as a daily driver, so im not looking for anything for the semi truck, just for daily protection

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by NickT916 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by djrams80 View Post
    sacramento area, dont speed in the rig, i drive a 95 toyota pick up as a daily driver, so im not looking for anything for the semi truck, just for daily protection
    I don't know much about what your locals use. Ask your two friends if there is much K band in your area.

If there is a lot of K band, I say V1, Cheetah C-100 and a laser jammer(Blinder or LI, do your research).

If there is not much K band, I say 9500ix and a laser jammer.

CHP uses only Ka band and laser.

Radar Fanatic
    On the Darknet (LEVEL 10 Telecommunicator) in Tucson, AZ

I think you should get the 9500ix for your daily driver, but of course of course I would lean this way. Since you don't plan on testing the limits in the rig you should get a Cheetah C50 for both vehicles (move it when needed). The C50 does not violate the CDL rules.

The 9500ix will define all of the SC/RLC and some of the Speed Traps. It has the Radar protection that will get you through most troubles.

The C50 will define even more info on the SC/RLC as well as some speed trap information. The C50 can be used to mark other areas that you note may be of some consequence. Then later you can retrieve the data and mark it on the site for the rest of us.

Radar Fanatic

9500ix FTW. It will help with the RLC's for sure.

Unless there are different rules for Class A, you lose your license with 4 points in 12 months .... if you have 2 points for both you may be getting a letter soon.

Sounds to me like it would be worthwhile to hire a lawyer for all your tickets ... 2 points a pop is no joke. By the time you pay the fine and three years of insurance increases, a lawyer would have been cheaper.

Or just learn how to fight your own. I would have used a TBD for both and then gotten Trial De Novo's ... 4 chances to win instead of just 2.

Is cheetah C50 a laser jammed ?

I tried fighting first one by mail, got denied, then tried to reschedule and messed that part up and missed court.

Current ticket I thought I'd give it in person a shot, reschedule court even, copstill showed up, he had 3 cases on same light camera, 2 defendents didn't show lol, appeal won't do much probably, but there is still a slight chance maybe.

Would it beworth it to buy 2 IX models and set up one forward and one facing to the rear, to catch cops if they are coming up from the rear?

What about those cops hiding behind overpasses, I don't see radars saving you on those?

The cheetah is a device to alert you to the red light cameras. cheetah.com You are right on the overpass thought. My detector is good for 80% of the encounters, but down here in socal they use the overpasses a lot. I came onto an entrance ramp the other day onto I5 and chp was sitting there shooting cars as they passed. Picking up that with a detector is difficult. Then they were shooting laser the other day with about 4 chase cars on the far side of an overpass. You can not rely on the dector to alert you to laser like radar. Jammer is the best bet for that. It can get expensive, and you can still get nailed. In your situation I would fight any ticket with a lawyer. You have too much at stake. And I'd have a detector, jammer and cheetah for sure. The jammer is illegal to use, but used descretly, meaning turn it off as soon as your speed is legal is what I do.

Radar Fanatic
    On the Darknet (LEVEL 10 Telecommunicator) in Tucson, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by supra400hptt View Post
    The cheetah is a device to alert you to the red light cameras. cheetah.com You are right on the overpass thought. My detector is good for 80% of the encounters, but down here in socal they use the overpasses a lot. I came onto an entrance ramp the other day onto I5 and chp was sitting there shooting cars as they passed. Picking up that with a detector is difficult. Then they were shooting laser the other day with about 4 chase cars on the far side of an overpass. You can not rely on the dector to alert you to laser like radar. Jammer is the best bet for that. It can get expensive, and you can still get nailed. In your situation I would fight any ticket with a lawyer. You have too much at stake. And I'd have a detector, jammer and cheetah for sure. The jammer is illegal to use, but used descretly, meaning turn it off as soon as your speed is legal is what I do.