Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default i bought a used V1 Valentine, not a single beep around town..

ok these are known for false alarms and everything, its used, just plugged and went for a drive, went by 2 cops 1 red light camera and bunch of intersections and stores with automatic doors, not a single beep, i tried it in A mode in L more and small L mode... are these maybe supposed to be reset or something?

if it doesnt detect anything i can just get my money back through paypal and return it to seller.

im still waiting for me 9500IX i think ill get it tomorrow... cant wait

Newcomer

Default Re: i bought a used V1 Valentine, not a single beep around town..

When u power up v1 is their a P before it shows what mode your in? Your setting might out of wack.

RadarBusters Associate

personally I would never buy a used detector with out getting to see it in action first, but that is just me.... anyways it is possible that both LEOs you passed either weren't using any speed detection device at all at the time you passed them or they were just using laser and your V1 didn't pick it up. As for the red light camera, this is something that the V1 will never pick up, you need the GPS feature from the 9500ix or the GX65 (glad to hear your getting the ix by the way ) as for the automatic doors the only thing I can think of is that you may have been out of range. Hoping for you it is not a bad detector, from what I know and have been told the V1 is superb so I hope you get the one you got fixed.

snoopyc4

I would send your V1 in for a tune up. Costs $45. Buying used radar detectors is always risky. You never know what you're gonna get.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by snoopyc4 View Post
    I would send your V1 in for a tune up. Costs $45.
    That's an option.

Does it have a serial number on it?

Quote Originally Posted by amanley View Post
    When u power up v1 is their a P before it shows what mode your in? Your setting might out of wack.
    when it powers up all lights and all lines light up, then it goes black and then goes to the L light or whatever it was before it shut off

serial Number 4493410696
    FCC ID: QJAV18

Last edited by NickT916; 01-26-2010 at 10:27 PM.

Radar Fanatic
    On the Darknet (LEVEL 10 Telecommunicator) in Tucson, AZ

Your SN brings up the following:

Quote Originally Posted by Valentine Upgrades
    Status Report on Your Valentine One

Serial Number 4493410696

V1 Description: Radar circuitry known in-house as V1.8. This is our latest and best performer on both radar and laser with just one exception—it lacks POP Protection. Of interest to those who drive in Europe, the latest V1 version also has a Euro Mode.
    Upgrade Recommendation: You have a sophisticated security system, and we’re cautious about recommending an Upgrade. If you believe in keeping up with technology, particularly if the POP Mode is being used in your area, then go ahead. V1’s approach to the POP problem is superior to all others in the industry. If you drive in Europe, you will appreciate our new Euro Mode which improves protection on photo radar as it is used in the E.U.
    That doesn't help much with your issue but it tells you where you are in the upgrade process.

how is this upgrade done? buy a different V1? but its the latest version? a bit confused.... i emailed the seller on ebay, i told him i can return it for a refund or if he can refund me $45 i can send it to valentine for a service/repair ??

so basically for $45 they just replace internals and its as good as new yes? or should i just send it back to seller and enjoy my 9500xi?

Lead Foot

You are lucky it wasn't stolen, if it was and you sent it in for a tune up, good ol' Mike would add it to his collection.

snoopyc4

I recommend not giving up on the V1. It's a used V1; you had no idea what to expect when you bought it. Get it fixed and then see if you want to return it or not.