Thread: x50 & v1

Yoda of Radar

Default x50 & v1

Ok this is not going to be one of those "what should I get and which is better the v1 or the x50 posts". So I dont want the mindless flaming and drones of each detector coming out for this post. I said x50 AND v1.

I personally have tried both detectors (my friends) and like each for its own qualities, and of course I messed around with all my friends preferences on the detectors .

I am getting BOTH the V1 and the x50 for christmas (parents are getting me a blue x50, and I am buying myself a nice little v1 sometime soon for my own christmas gift.) So I will have both detectors again its not x50 vs v1. (I will be making some general assumptions about the x50 and the v1 from my experience...but again those arent there to insite a drone flaming war.)

Now the thing I came to ask is I was planning:

On running the X50 on my bike (Kawi Ninja). I say this because I dont need as much laser protection on the bike, but I also do not want the v1 falses. So I figure the x50 will fit the bill here.... I will have good radar detection obviously, pretty decent Laser (with Veil-treated front headlights and no front LP, not to mention the bike doesnt hit the thruway or many main roads often so laser isnt as big in rural areas) so the bike should be ok in that respect, and also fewer falses compared to the V1 (which from my experiences it has less). (I hate falses on the bike)... If you just so happen decide to slow down people are much more likely to run over the back of you on a bike then if you slowed down the same in a car. Cagers :roll:

I plan on running the V1 in the car solely for its hands down superior laser detection...(maybe a little for the arrows)..I travel the NYS thruway rather often w/the car and do not want to buy a jammer at this moment (so please dont suggest it). The NYST's are starting to switch moreso from Ka to laser when they are setting up traps on the thruway and other such main places. I have a red 1st generation Eagle Talon (Mitsibishi Eclipse) so it has pop-up headlights and has a relatively low profile. The only thing I could see that the Leo could really target with consistant readings (because I believe red is actually seen as rather dark/non reflective to the laser gun especially since the paint is 15years old and has lost some shimmer) would be my lisence plate. I was also planning on veil and lasershield for that. I also dont mind falses in the car as much from the v1 (espeically because the arrows can oftentimes help out in telling you wether its a false or not).

Now given the above do you feel that those are the best choices: V1 for the car, x50 for the bike. (I am going to have both...so again dont say one or the other and flame war the place), I just wanted to get the feeling you guys have on what should be the RD for each machine and do my ideas about why I picked each detector for each machine sound reasonable?

PS: Both would be hardwired.

Administrator

Default HARD System

Have you considered the HARD system for your bike:

http://www.radarbusters.com/products...cyles/hard.asp
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Professional

As far as I can tell, your logic is sound in both cases, and if I had a bike and a V1 to go with my Corolla and my X50, that's probably how I'd choose to do it as well.

That HARD system does look like a good idea, though, unless you have the tones for the X50 memorized and would never, ever need to look down at it--taking your eyes off the road to check your detector in a car is dangerous enough; I can only imagine how risky it could be on a bike.

Experienced

I'd go with the x50 on the bike myself. If you're not going to be looking at the detector and going just by tones then u really won't need the arrows.

Power User

There is no point in considering laser detection when buying a RADAR detector in most cases. A laser jammer is for laser protection.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by stealthJamal
    There is no point in considering laser detection when buying a RADAR detector in most cases. A laser jammer is for laser protection.

I am waiting for the D2/AL6 to come out and recieve testing before I buy anything, if you read the post you would understand I was not in the market for a jammer and told people not to suggest them[or using them] (I just left out the fact that until a/the new ones come out on the market and showing promising results is when I will buy one, which really shouldn't have mattered).

I understand your post, a RD really wont provide you much "laser protection"...it will more of less warn you that you have been targeted and odds are decent that you should get ready to recieve a citation.
    However, since I am waiting for the new line up of Jammers to come out before I buy, I just want a detector(s) which are capable of solid laser detection that with the countermeasures I will have (veil &LS) could possibly give me a warning (not protection as you pointed out) before a speed lock.

Thank you for your response "of technicalties", however, in this case it wasnt needed as it does not have anything to do with the question at hand. (As I said it just points out a trivial issue.)

I am not trying to be offensive/harsh/snobby/stuck up (what-have-you) with this, because I understand your point and you are completely correct Stealth Jamal (I used the incorrect choice of words/phrase)...it just doesnt impact the question at hand.

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: HARD System

Quote Originally Posted by RadarRoy
    Have you considered the HARD system for your bike:

http://www.radarbusters.com/products...cyles/hard.asp

Yes, I plan on buying one from you in the spring for my bike.

Professional

Hey there!

I think u made an excellent choice. The X50 is good for the bike and with the veil on it, u maybe fairly safe.

Advanced Member

I will warn you that the NYtroopers today got my friend with the LTI Ultralyte with only 3 seconds of his V1 alerting. There was a speed trap on a brigde set up with a tripod and chasers ready to go....On I90 in between exits 42and 41

Luckily i called him soon as I heard about the set up on the CB

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96