Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ticket

Newcomer

Default Ticket

Hey guys has any one experienced having a cop pull right next to you with your radar still mounted on the windshield?? What do you guys think he'll do. I guess I'm trying to ask is, will a cop ever pull you over for just having a radar?

Default Re: Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by fatty
    Hey guys has any one experienced having a cop pull right next to you with your radar still mounted on the windshield?? What do you guys think he'll do. I guess I'm trying to ask is, will a cop ever pull you over for just having a radar?

Yup with and old cobra radar detector. I didn't realise when it went beep that one or two beeps ment SLOW DOWN! If your not being pulled over for speeding you would probably be alright but I am sure as hell you would hear a surmon about how useless radar detectors are... :wink:

oh the cop laughed about the radar detector and said "see how worthless those are.."What he didn't realise was I had picked him up on the detector in time and if I had been more use to using one would have been totally in the clear... 8)

Lead Foot

You do not want to do this at all if possible. If a cop will simply pull you over for being suspicious because you are a minority or in an expensive car, they possibly could choose to hassel you for having a radar detector. If you do this in VA, DC, certain canadian provinces, or on military bases, you will get a ticket for sure. If nothing else you do not want a cop to remember your vehicle as having a radar detector. My sister left her radar detector beeping at a gas station a few months ago when she turned around a highway patrol car was parked beside her with the officer inside smiling and waving at her!

Old Timer

I have been pulled over for having a radar detector once. He said they were illegal, and i laughed because the week prior i email the police chief and asked :roll:

Speed Demon

Well, while they will ticket you where it's illegal. They don't always notice. I pulled up next to two cops in DC, and at that point I figured I'd just bring attention to myself if I pulled it down, so I just took my chances, and they never noticed. I don't think any cop will pull you over just for having a detector where it's legal. Heck, the cops around here know I have a detector (small town, we all know each other...though the city cops have no problem giving out tickets), and they were just like "make sure to pull it down when you park so nobody steals it."
    Richard

Newcomer

Default Thanks

Thanks for the info and experiences guys.

Administrator

Default Illegal

Well unless you are in Virginia or Washington DC, where they are illegal, you should have no problems
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Good Citizen

My boyfriend got paced by a cop, coming home from my aunts once. I'm convinced that the cop was trying to figure out if he was running anything, although in Michigan, it's not like it would have much mattered.

But, of course, the boy was well aware he was there.

t

Lead Foot

While in VA I take my RD down during daylight driving but I leave the suction cup mount up. I'm sure LEAs have seen the mount when I've been stopped beside them but they pay me no mind. Like RR said, unless you're where RDs are illegal, you shouldn't have a problem.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by jbird
    You do not want to do this at all if possible. If a cop will simply pull you over for being suspicious because you are a minority or in an expensive car
    My dad and I swapped cars awhile back, and he got pulled over in my mercedes when he was driving it back from the shop, It must of been a pretty funny stop cause that car was totally blacked out (legal limt) and had wheels on it that could double as mirrors. Cop probably thought he was pulling over a drug dealer and/or pimp.

I got alot of weird looks from cops when i drove his X5 one fire marshall threatened to arrest me for tail gating called me a spoiled brat, to bad i shut him up by demanding he arrest me and charge me for a traffic violation

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96