Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default Am I the only one that would love this?

I was browsing the web when I found this website where you can buy K band radar drones specifically for the purpose of people with radar detectors. Would I be the only person that would love to put one in his car with a toggle switch and have a ball? lol. Here is the article.

PROFESSIONAL USE ONLY
    FCC TYPE ACCEPTED

Traffic Safety Technologies offers two models of its K band, 24.150 GHz, Traffic Safety Radar Drone Warning System. Over 45,000,000, million, radar detectors ride the roads world-wide. The FCC, Part 15, CFR 47 compliant K band radar drone frequency was selected as it is the most used frequency by police around the world. Radar detectors false alert on X band, 10.525 GHz, as this frequency is shared by others including automatic door openers, burglar alarms, terrestrial microwave, etc., and radar detector owners disregard an X band alert as a false warning. Motorists know K band is the police. (I personally think K band is Best Buy. haha)

What You Need To Know When Selecting A Radar Drone!

Designed to be weather resistant in severe outside conditions, the XT-1000 and XTI-1000 Safety Radar Drones can survive demanding applications for departments of transportation, school zones, attached to public service vehicles, mounted to poles where speed control is desired, and even placed in vacant photo radar enclosures when cameras are placed elsewhere. The XT-1000 transmits a constant 5mW K band signal while the XTI-1000 transmits a four (4) second K band emission every fifteen (15) seconds mimicking police “instant on” radar guns. Both units are 12 VDC powered. An optional SSI-S diminutive, 12” by 12”, solar panel with battery accumulator can be added to each unit for virtually perpetual powering. Mounting bracket is an integral part of each unit.. Depending on the quality of the radar detector, radar warnings of the XT-1000 and XTI-1000 can be received up to one (1) mile away.
    Last edited by GDXChris; 02-09-2010 at 08:54 PM.

snoopyc4

Default Re: Am I the only one that would love this?

I'd get one of these instead:

This would easier to use than a drone. The Bushnell is quite useful in the real world:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6mySkNuyT8&feature=related]YouTube - Bushnell Fun #3[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHqL2Upup8I&feature=related]YouTube - Moving people out of my way. [/ame]

Good Citizen

I always love your vids snoopy! lol. Thanks for posting

Good Citizen

Dam. Bushnell is way cheaper than drones too.

Sorry for the double post ppl.

snoopyc4

Quote Originally Posted by GDXChris View Post
    I always love your vids snoopy! lol. Thanks for posting
    Those videos aren't mine. They are stano's.

Advanced Member

2010 Honda Civic Sedan
    Cobra 19 DX IV CB
    Wilson Lil Wil
    Uniden BCT15X Scanner
    Garmin Nuvi 1300
    Saves: More than I can count

Radar Fanatic

MPH Ranger is K band and part 15 also. While I have fun witht he bushnell I really want to find something with a moving mode.

Power User

I like a Stalker personally, but since that is probably never going to happen, a drone would be nice just in case the batteries run out on the Bushnell.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    I like a Stalker personally, but since that is probably never going to happen, a drone would be nice just in case the batteries run out on the Bushnell.
    There's a lot, which one? I'm still piecing together exactly what I need to have in line in order to be properly licensed to use one. The COP DSR looks nice but much beyond that and it's more worth it to go to a LIDAR unit for jammer testing sake.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by Motor On View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    There's a lot, which one? I'm still piecing together exactly what I need to have in line in order to be properly licensed to use one. The COP DSR looks nice but much beyond that and it's more worth it to go to a LIDAR unit for jammer testing sake.
    DSR2X

I think you need a part 15 or part 90 to use a police radar gun (depending on the gun) and you have jump through a lot of hoops to get one.