Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How confident?

Newcomer

Default How confident?

So be honest...Since you have countermeasure device(s) do you exceed the PSL because you think you can avoid detection?

I sure as hell do!!!

5years+NUMEROUS saves=1 ticket i think im doing pretty good

Professional

Default Re: How confident?

I always drove the same speed regardless, to this day if I'm without a radar detector I still drive the same speed. I haven't had a speeding ticket yet, but I have had some very close calls. I tend to be a pretty lucky person overall so that could be a contributing factor.

Radar Fanatic

I defiantly use countermeasures to speed, no reason I shouldn't be able to go 85-90mph on rural interstates here in Indiana. They have turned the Police into tax collectors with guns, they make the PSL's artificially low and in the guise of safety they send the Police out to write people tickets, to generate revenue for the state.

And they just keep making it easier for me to justify even better countermeasures because with higher fines, increased enforcement, photo ticketing programs in neighboring states, increased insurance cost for a ticket, not wanting to sit on the side of the highway after being pulled over (which is more dangerous than speeding), cost for lawyer and time I would have to spend fighting a ticket, every-time I get a save, it saves me alot more than just $200 for the ticket. The money I have spent on countermeasures has been the best investment I have ever made. It's like spending $1500 to save $10,000 it's just a no-brainer.

And when I get a good save it just makes my day.

Speed Demon

Honestly officer, it's a true medical condition to have a heavy right foot... look it up!

Radar Fanatic

Since using a detector my speed has increased a bit, yes.

Banned

1 ticket in 5 years isn't good, its actually the national average per person.

For me, the answer is no. I have more situational awareness now than ever before. I pay more attention to where I am, remember all the hiding spots of cops and go slower through those areas. I keep a rabbit in front of me on the freeways, whereas in the past I would run the same speed with or without one. Without a rabbit I try to keep my speed more in check. In my other vehicle, which has more limited countermeasures, I rarely speed now whereas I used to speed in it more often.

Countermeasures is a means to help me drive smarter, they don't make me invulnerable to LEO traffic enforcement.
    Last edited by The Chariot; 02-18-2010 at 10:20 AM.

Radar Fanatic
    In a town full of undercover leos blasting c/o Ka

I'm quite confident in countermeasures but I still use caution on the roads. So far I saved $2000+

Good Citizen

i don't drive much faster than i normally would. on the highway, i tend to do 12-15 over the PSL. now, with a RD, i might be more prone to keep it at 15+ for a prolonged period of time.

if anything, the RD has made me more aware. i'm always looking for LEOs, and if my RD goes off, then i try hard to gauge where the threats are (i don't have a V1). even if i get a little blip, i'm trying to figure out just how far off the real threat/false might be

Radar Fanatic

I've always driven fast ever since I've been in a car. Even before I had a detector, I sped regardless...

Radar Fanatic

Constant enforcement reminder, I/O VASCAR and ENRADD awareness, lacking a jammer; it's slowed me down, which has saved me fromtickets and higher premiums.