Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Gotta love the uneducated...

I was out on my deliveries at work today and saw a guy in a pickup go by me with an RMR stuck right dead center of the W/S pointing down at the hood!!
    Last edited by cclt1z; 03-23-2010 at 10:19 PM.

Good Citizen

Default Re: Gotta love the uneducated...

Should it have been pointed at the Sun?
    RMR would it make a difference?

Banned

So far i have seen 3 V1's pointed at the sky, very disappointing to say the least. All i can hope is these people don't reproduce.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by cjr238 View Post
    so far i have seen 3 v1's pointed at the sky, very disappointing to say the least. All i can hope is these people don't reproduce.
    lmao:d:d:d:d

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by CJR238 View Post
    So far i have seen 3 V1's pointed at the sky, very disappointing to say the least. All i can hope is these people don't reproduce.
    I saw my first V1 other than mine yesterday, I was very proud of the guy, and it was mounted properly right above his rearview mirror in his truck.

I need to get a swivel mount for my car so I can record how many idiots in the Dallas area drive with cobras that are pointed into their dash or scoping the sky for a UFO then put it on youtube, and to record me messing with them with my new bushnell .

Newcomer

I too saw a guy last week that had a Bel mounted above RVM and hardwired.. I was like i didn't think anyone but me knew about such a thing in my area.
    Last edited by cclt1z; 03-23-2010 at 10:21 PM.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by cclt1z View Post
    I was out on my deliveries at work today and saw a guy in a pickup go by me with an RMR stuck right dead center of the W/S pointing down at the hood!!
    This is so because not only will it jam LEOs, it will jam radar from airplanes and helicopters........

Power User

About 10% of all radar detectors I see on the road here in NY are improperly mounted. Mostly at the bottom of the window right behind the wipers pointing down... But hey, 90% still have their RD's leveled out.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Vahomboy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cclt1z View Post
    This is so because not only will it jam LEOs, it will jam radar from airplanes and helicopters........
    Especially from VASCAR aircraft. Just in case they can't clock you by time/distance, they can pull out the gun and zap you from high above.

I like people who use radar detectors this way. They always keep law enforcement busy writing tickets to them while you drive by.

Newcomer

LOL!! they should include these directions in the cobra and RMR owners manual.....

For maximum performance position your detector down toward the car's hood to maximize the reflection properties that will send the jamming signal straight into the LEO's radar or laser in any direction.

how can people really think that it actually works mounted this way