Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ticket Avoidance WITHOUT Radar Detectors

I'm new here and maybe this has been discussed, but I can't find it.

Is there information/discussion about avoiding tickets through means other than (or in addition to) radar detectors? For instance, the somewhat common idea of just tailing someone else who is speeding so that the LEO will hit him with the detection rather than you.

Advanced Member

Find a vigilent driver and ride behind them or some1 with a radar detector....Look ahead for brake lights if you see a bunch either a cop or an traffic hold up ahead

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Newcomer

there are other ways of getting out of a ticket even after you get pulled over. ive heard of stories and advice long ago about what to say and stuff to get yourself out of a ticket (by talking your way out of it). but i cant remember what the advice was. so does anyone have any ideas, or advice about what to say to an officer to get out of a ticket?

thanks

Power User

umm..yeah.,... DONT SPEED :shock:

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by stalker
    umm..yeah.,... DONT SPEED :shock:

Radar Fanatic

having a list of things to say to a leo can set off a red flag..i dont suggest it.

if u can somehow get a "detective's card" (usually they give them out to their families) that can work. they are usually signed by the detective. this guy i used to know got caught going 110mph in his evo in a 65mph by NJ state troopers and showed the card....got it taken away but also got a warning and not a speeding ticket, cause that would have taken his liscense).

sometimes "pba cards" work, but not for speeding unless you got a great story (worked to help me get out of a cell phone ticket which is heavily enforced here 90 dollars a pop).

and like crazy said, just use your head, look for anyone pushing their brakes ahead (lights) and slow down to within 5-10mph past the limit around blind curves and hills. sometimes tailgaiting can get you nailed, i've seen many a times 2 cars pulled over at the same time by one leo so you still can get nailed that way. a bunny isn't 100% , your best bet is not to speed :twisted:

Lead Foot

VASCAR is making a comeback so you had better find some techiques other than radar detectors.

Professional

what i ususally do when i'm without my RD is the following:

1) have a rabbit ahead of me thats going somewhat fast. now i'm not tailing this person but they are maybe 10 seconds in front of me. i also like to stay in a pack of cars (3 or more). chances are they will nail the first person in line and not pull over the whole pack, however it can happen. all i'm saying is you have a better chance of not getting pulled over.
    2) follow people with good RD's
    3) on the freeway or other larger roads, watch for breaklights ahead when i can
    4) if i find myself in the front of a pack because of stoplights or whatnot, if there are 2 lanes, i'll pull over into the other one and let the person behind me go ahead, then follow them
    5) i know i'm pretty safe up to 14 over on the milwaukee county freeways as long as there are other cars around. they recently released an article that said 98% of all speeding tickets were given out for 15 over+. so basically i'm pretty safe untill i hit 70mph. but i'm sure that if i was the only car and i got hit, i'd be dead meat if i was 10 over

these are things that i try to do even with my detector. however, sometimes i'm a little more agressive when i have it...

Good Citizen

wouldnt a police scanner and/or a cb radio help work against VASCAR? I got a police scanner now, getting a cb radio in feburary. So if so, I'll be ready to go.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by NRTrackChamp2004
    wouldnt a police scanner and/or a cb radio help work against VASCAR? I got a police scanner now, getting a cb radio in feburary. So if so, I'll be ready to go.
    yes i forgot to add that. a good CB and scanner will help A LOT. sometimes people can get 100 mile warnings on where a cop is. then when they're within 5 miles of that point, just slow down and set the cruise, then wave at the officer when they drive by . but that only really helps on freeways. i know that some speed traps use other forms of communication so they dont alert other people with scanners. they've done that quite a bit around my area lately. but a good CB would definately help a LOT