Yoda of Radar

Default That one false...

There is always that one false that is 'out there' that you just cant pinpoint what exactly is it coming from...

Mine happens to be just entering/exiting the suburbs of my city. In the suburbs there is a little space between these houses

The thing is everytime I get to that one location my detectors (Any of them....tried many) almost always go wild [always over half on whatever display] on K-band (24.216ish) to be more exact. There is no 'pre-warning' no real lingering warning (total warning always about 4seconds)... just an immense hit out in the suburbs....very much like instant on. The other wierd thing about it is this only occurs very very late at night...after 11-12normally...drive by it in the day and there are no problems. id say 9/10ths of the nights this occurs, the other 1of10 it doesnt no matter how many times you drive by.

I am thinking some sort of a home security system/motion device that a home in the area turns on late at night, however, no matter what direction you come at it upon...you always get the warning in this 75ft 'empty space' (field/lawn) between the same two houses...

Could anyone else give me any more insite as to what it may be?

Advanced Member

I started getting a flase like that....And it's on a road i occassionally race on or use to race on...One day I couldn't take it and went in search for it....It was one of those permanently mounted speed signs by the school. I get the false going both directions...but i expect it now

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Radar Fanatic

I've had some of those. Last time it turned out to be some LEO who had parked his cruiser in front of (presumably) his house and left the radar running.

Advanced Member

I've got a spot like that. If I roll slowly along the street I get a Ka warning and sometimes a POP alert. If I go quickly no alert. One day I'm going to pinpoint it and ask the homeowner.

Of course not a good idea if its a cop with his radar turned left on.

Maybe I'll put the GF up to it and I hide in a bush and watch

Speed Demon

Default Re: That one false...

Quote Originally Posted by AirMoore
    There is always that one false that is 'out there' that you just cant pinpoint what exactly is it coming from...

Mine happens to be just entering/exiting the suburbs of my city. In the suburbs there is a little space between these houses

The thing is everytime I get to that one location my detectors (Any of them....tried many) almost always go wild [always over half on whatever display] on K-band (24.216ish) to be more exact. There is no 'pre-warning' no real lingering warning (total warning always about 4seconds)... just an immense hit out in the suburbs....very much like instant on. The other wierd thing about it is this only occurs very very late at night...after 11-12normally...drive by it in the day and there are no problems. id say 9/10ths of the nights this occurs, the other 1of10 it doesnt no matter how many times you drive by.

In USA mode on my RX65 I get a Ka alert at night or very late evening between the two houses at the end of my block. I could not figure this out for the life of me, but now that you mentioned an alarm system that makes a lot of sense. I am sure the house has an alarm because recently the police showed up there and were searching the outside of the home. I'm guessing it depends on the kind of alarm system that is on the house to make my detector alert. I'm going to activate my alarm (ADT) and drive around my house at different angles and see if I get an alert. I have never receive an alert after coming home and the alarm was active, but I will be very delibrate on my approach and see if I can trigger an alarm.

I am thinking some sort of a home security system/motion device that a home in the area turns on late at night, however, no matter what direction you come at it upon...you always get the warning in this 75ft 'empty space' (field/lawn) between the same two houses...

Could anyone else give me any more insite as to what it may be?