Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Hahahahahhahahah. I GOT STOPPED!! TWICE!!!

Okay guys, well I went out to the movie theatre today and only saw 2 CHP on the highway (ka band) both already stopped someone. Anyways, On the way back I saw nothing. So I am on my way home and then I see a cop pass by (no radar). (the thing was I was getting instant on K band [which the cops here use] about 2 miles back) and then I see him 2 miles later on the same straight road. When I came within 500 feet i didn't get any instant on or radar at all. So he passes by, i turn around at the stop sign. follow him for about 1/8 mile. He pulls into the local rite aid (closed at the time) and then gets right behind me. He flicks on his lights and im busted. Okay, so im like "WAT THE FUXXXXX!!!" My valentine one didn't go off so i know for sure he didn't instant on me. So i pull over, he says he stopped me for two reason (then turned out to be 3 later, ill get to that). First of all, he says my lights were too bright. I told him i just purchased them at kragen auto supply and they are legal in all 50 states. He looks at them once more, calls back up. The backup arrive look at the lights. They then tell me to turn on my high beams. I do that, then low beams .. I do that. He comes to me and says, where are you from? how old are you? Gimme your license. So i do it. Then the backup comes to the window .. " how long have you had your car? " ... I say "since may". He tells me the other reason i was stopped. He says that my plates in the back are illegal (YES, I FINALLY GOT CAUGHT FOR THE SUPER PROTECTOR!!!). Then another cop in his car shows up. Now, there is a total of 3 cops (i live in a small town, population 12,000. Cops...last i heard...31) So they are all there behind my car looking all amased at the back. Then the first cop comes and tells me that the side lights (reflectors) have to be yellow. Mine are white and tahts how i bought the car. they let that slide. He gives me back my license and tells me to have a safe trip home and to keep out of trouble. So anyways, i start my car and am on my way. So right about where i saw the cop originally (that same street where i got instant on k) and I turn on to my road. The speed limit is 30 and im going ..... 38-ish. LEO hiding behind dark alley, BOOM!!! Siren on and lights blinding the heck out of me. I am now stopped about 4 houses from my home. They tell me "Wheres the fire?"....I say "Dunno". They tell me, "where were you going speedy gonzolas?" .. .. "Im going home".....he says "wheres your house?" ... "my house is like 4 houses down from here!". They tell me that since it was 10:30 the speed limit is 20mph. I tell him..... "Well, the sign says 30"..he told me, "its new years eve and there are cars everywhere, 30 is way to fast." Now, you gotta believe me when i say, there were only 2 cars on any of the cross roads or my road at the time .. mine, and his cop car. He gives my license back and says.. "happy new year". So yes, thats my story. I really wanted to bring a video camera with me tonight just in case something happens. But it was broken. Dang, oh well. So the super protector is coming off in the back. I am probably going to end up just veiling the plate. Happy New Years' Everyone!!!

good story, i'm confused about the super protector though :?
    I thought it made it unreadable only to a camera and not
    the human eye? So if your looking at your plate with the
    protector on it scrambles the letters????? please explain
    how this is! :?

Experienced

HA sucks.....cops in cali can be tough, especially in small towns.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by NavySkCG52
    good story, i'm confused about the super protector though :?
    I thought it made it unreadable only to a camera and not
    the human eye? So if your looking at your plate with the
    protector on it scrambles the letters????? please explain
    how this is! :?
    You can tell by looking at it...I bought one about a month ago and i got pulled over the same day I installed it...from far away looking straight at it, you can't really tell, but when you get close or look at it from a slight angle, you can tell big time

Good Citizen

What is "super protector"? Is there a link to read about it? Thanks.

Radar Fanatic

You're lucky you didn't kill anyone driving 38 MPH at night!!!!! :shock:

Seriously, must have been a slow night for the cops!

GTO_04

Good Citizen

Not to go off topic, but how much do you pay for insurance for your GTO???

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by riley2638
    No problem. I had a WS6 TA before this so my insurance actually went down! I pay $344.51 per half-year with State Farm, which IMHO isn't too bad. Must be my (almost) clean driving record. I owe a lot the credit to Mike V so this isn't really too off topic.

The GTO is actually quicker on the bottom end than the TA. It has more low rpm torque than the TA, plus it has a 3.46 rear compared to the 3.23 in the TA. It looks kind of like a Grand Prix 2 door but is a blast to drive. The cops don't seem to may much attention to me compared to when I had the TA.

GTO_04

Newcomer

The super protector is probably one of the most visible plate covers to tell there is somethign wrong with it. From striaght behind the car, you cant even really tell they are "special" plate covers. But when you are standing at about 45º angle from the cars back, have of the letters just seem to be missing. Hehe, its actually really cool. The 5 cops actually started laughing, I think they got a kick out of it. They probably didn't even know of those plates...though it seems like one of them knew. He even looked at my veiled lasershield in the front (And i just veiled the front license plate yesterday as well). He just looked at me funny. Ill try to post some pictures of the front. They also touched my headlights, they noticed the veil on the lights, but didn't know what it was "actually" used for. I told them it was just to make my car seem more "darker". They simply accepted that excuse. Yeah, small towns do suck. Sad thing is, Ill be here for another 4 years at least. I am attending UC Merced and Im only in my freshmen year. Ill probably transfer out to Stanford for medical school. But yeah, the super protector is comign off for about 2-3 months at least. Im gonna give the cops some time to "forget" about that incident, even though I dont think they will forgot something as cool as those.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by GTO_04
    Quote Originally Posted by riley2638
    No problem. I had a WS6 TA before this so my insurance actually went down! I pay $344.51 per half-year with State Farm, which IMHO isn't too bad. Must be my (almost) clean driving record. I owe a lot the credit to Mike V so this isn't really too off topic.

The GTO is actually quicker on the bottom end than the TA. It has more low rpm torque than the TA, plus it has a 3.46 rear compared to the 3.23 in the TA. It looks kind of like a Grand Prix 2 door but is a blast to drive. The cops don't seem to may much attention to me compared to when I had the TA.

GTO_04
    Thanks for the reply!! I'm currently looking into a GTO, S2000, EVo VIII and a couple others...I really want to stick with a import though...Your right on the GTO looking like a Grand Prix or GrandAM...I wish they would have used the same design as the Monaro though