Thread: Less falses

Speed Demon

Default Less falses

What unit has less falses.... X50 or a V1? I know it's a hard question to answer beacuse of everyones srroundings, but if there is anyone that uses the X50 and the V1 at the same time then maybe you could answer.

X50. But I prefer the Valentine 1.

Lead Foot

It all depends on what you call falses? If you are refering to door openers then they are not falses at all since they reside on the very same bands as LEO radar and if your RD ignores them then it isn't giving you the best protection aginst LEO's

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by itisjustme
    It all depends on what you call falses? If you are refering to door openers then they are not falses at all since they reside on the very same bands as LEO radar and if your RD ignores them then it isn't giving you the best protection aginst LEO's
    That is true.

Now I do not own a V1 so I can only go by the basis of what everyone says, including Mike Valentine himself. The V1 "flases" more. How much more, again I have no first hand experience.

My Bel detector does not alert to every door opener, nor crap detector. Perhaps those auto door opener are really crappy and does not pick up, however those door openers that are K 24.150 (or ast least that is what it says on the tech display) result in weak alerts, strength 1, 2, 3, or max 4 out of possible 9. These alerts always have these characteristics, normally average strength of 2 and only exists for a few seconds 2 to 4 seconds as I pass the bank or pharmacy. Point being, I know what may be lurking, as a real bogey will continuously get strong, and fast as approaching 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, up to full alert strength level 9.

I kind of asked a similar question to V1 users regarding the characteristics of their "falses" but my post was quickly locked, as apparently that is a touchy subject matter for them, they seem to be sensitive to the subject to say the least and get overly defensive

V1 may have the edge on sensitivity, but I made my decision by picking a detector that I wanted the least amount of "falses" and still haveing great performance!

Speed Demon

I do not consider door openers falses, but they are annoying. I have a Whistler 1773 and it does false Ka alot. I've had this detector since Wednesday the 28th. I have not come across one cop using radar becides one. I was at a 4 way inter section and we were on oppsite sides. I really want either a V1 or a blue X50. I dont know which one to get. I'm usually a driver that speeds 15-20 over. Sometimes I worry that i'm going too fast with the 1773 but I hate always having to look down at my speed. So from all that this I need one of the top 3. I do not want an RX65 even though it does have Ku band and voice alerts. I've narrowed it down to either the V1 or the Blue X50.

Pros- X50 Causts $340 with an awesome blue screen, can purchase right at best buy (no shipping fees) and upgradeable

Cons- No arrows, no Ku band, no voice alerts.

Pros- V1 Arrows, better laser, better rear Ka coverage and upgradeable.

Cons- $400 can't buy at a store, shipping fee, no voice alerts or Ku band.