Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default friends snooper s5r, its faulty and hes now taking it back

My friends got a snooper s5r, he was talking about getting a detector he was saying if he had the money would he get a v1.....

i said wait until they have sorted the bogy thing out and also to stealth them... as the snooper will become useless when they do ban them.

he brought it because he's got no other detector plus it was only 100 so at the end of the day its a good back up detector...

it feels really chunky and solid alot better than i thought but on some of the gatsos it was picking them up alittle late when he was the only car on the road, also it was extremely quiet with none of the ka and ku band falses as my snooper produces!

but this is rather strange as i take false alerts as the detector being ok!
    i'd rather it to tell me about every traffic light rather than sit quite!

It need more testing to see if its good....

when he dropped my off i got my dvd remote out and it was quiet!??

no laser falses?? very strange... but i'm not sure if my hifi remote will work on it like it does on my snooper!

one good thing about it is that its got a bel like range finder which goes up to 5 and it works pretty good also continiously beeps as you approach where as mine beeps then goes quiet! then starts beeping again..

UPDATE

It's not alerting to ku,ka and x band, its also not alerting to those banded traffic and door sensors.....

he's taking it back but they are starting to mess about saying they only accept them back if he gets a ref number from snooper!??

if i end up going in with him they will only get 2 choices, swap it their an then, or swap it 30 mins later with the trading standards!

some business + staff are just utter full of s***!!

mate told him its not detecting traffic light radars, he said you didnt buy it to detect traffic lights!

obviously he's either too stupid to be selling radar detectors or he's p****** about! i had the same bull when i took my cd player back!

Radar Fanatic

i'm going around his tonight to test it out more....

it's baffled me how quiet it is, its alerting to k band falses but not x,ka or ku, of which it should be....

i soppose it could be running a advanced logic type of software which it wont report alerts unless it thinks it actual radar!

or unless its not working correctly!

one thing which is supprise me is the fact that after passing the gatso in the centeral res it was still alerting even though the camera was facing the other way....

it seemed like the rear sensitivity was better than the front! :roll:

Lead Foot

My mate ran one for a while but got sick of the falsing.
    He now just runs the S4, plus a laserjammer.

Radar Fanatic

After driving about tonight i've not seen it false on any other band other than k, even though its on logic 1 thats all bands...

it picks up k band door sensors but no ka or ku traffic light sensors which i would have expected it to detect!!

so i'm taking it as being broke.... i'm seeing my mate tomorrow to tell him to take it back.....

if it isnt detecting a ku band traffic light radar what hope has it got to detect a real threat.....

i did think it used some type of computer to work out if the radar was real threat.. but its picking up k band door falses but not on other bands...

so its broke !! it must be...

Lead Foot

can you actually switch bands off on the S5r?

I remember my mates doing me head in with X band falses

Radar Fanatic

logic 1 is all bands
    logic 2 is just x off and k,ku,ka switched on.
    logic 3 is just k band with x,ku,ka switched off.

on the logic 1 mode its only detecting k band! so i'm taking that its broke, i'm seeing my mate tonight to take it back!

Radar Fanatic

i've just smoke to him tonight and he doesnt think anythings wrong!

even though its missed ku ka and x falses!

he said he may be how they have made it, at the end of the day if it cant detect a traffic light sensor what hope has it got of detecting mini gatsos or multinovas!

all detectors are ment to false!! the more sensitive they are the more they false! fact!!!

Good Citizen

Hey Laser blaster.

When are they trying to ban radar detectors in the uk using that European directive?

Radar Fanatic

They are trying again this summer 2006, and i can see thee ban going through!

And then they may have the spectre rdd's in use in the uk, although i've been told by detector dealers in the uk they wont have the rdd's.....

And the final insult is that they will be dishing out 6 penality points for people caught with a detector.. and possible 100 fine!

this is why i need a detector with stealth just incase they do ban them and then use rdd's!

Yoda of Radar

Interesting they remember the EU directive to ban RD's but conveniently forget the directive to move the speed limit to 81 miles per hour instead of 70