Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Old Timer

Default Blinder paid itself off last night!

I was with some buddies going down to University of Cincinnati to celebrate st. pattys day like a college student would, and have never been so impressed with the blinder. It was a custruction zone ( no custruction, its been there for about 2 years now ) I was the leader of the pack at 84 mph in the 55. Just as we are about to pass a bridge, my blinder starts screaming, and my v1 stays silent. I put to the brake hard, slow down to about 65, then flipped off my blinder. As we all are looking for the cop, one of my friends goes "tricky bastard!" as he is behind one of the pillars of the bridge. we passed him, and a few mommenbts later, saw him behind us about 8 cars back pulling over one of the cars behind us, that didnt like my speed adjustment, and decided to try to pass.
    I knew that he had lasered me in the headlights, because I have no front license plate on my car

29 mph over the speed limit in a construction zone would have been an expensive ticket, especially when the fines are doubled, and the insurance on my car would have been jacked through the roof

The blinder just paid itself off last night and I am a very happy boy! Roy, all my friends in the car have gotten tickets by laser as their detectors stay quiet, and after this incident, you have 3 more blinders to ship out in the next month

Manufacturer

Sethy,

Lest not forget that VEIL was working for you as well! :wink:

It's great to hear when stuff actually performs in the real-world!

The Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Blinder paid itself off last night!

Quote Originally Posted by Sethy
    I knew that he had lasered me in the headlights, because I have no front license plate on my car
    That brings up a good question. I was under the impression that a front plate was manditory in ohio. However, I've seen many people driving around without a front plate. How are you doing it, and have you ever been harassed?

Founder of Stealthvation

Yeah it is required on Ohio but I guess the is one area that they are not strict on. I might do the same for my car and my wife's. I told you Sethy the Blinder and Veil are magic , THE BEST!
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by lordhamster
    That brings up a good question. I was under the impression that a front plate was manditory in ohio. However, I've seen many people driving around without a front plate. How are you doing it, and have you ever been harassed?
    I see the same thing in CT and I don't get it either. To take it one step further, there are many people who place their plate in the rear window instead of in the license plate holder. I can't imagine that this is terribly legal since it's often hard to read if there's glare from the sun or at night. I can't figure out why anyone would do this if not to thwart a rear laser "attack."

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by lordhamster
    Front and rear plates are manditory. If you have ohio plates, you need to have them front and back. If they are not ohio plates, they wont be strict if you do not have a front plate.

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by The Veil Guy
    Sethy,

Lest not forget that VEIL was working for you as well! :wink:

It's great to hear when stuff actually performs in the real-world!

The Veil Guy 8)
    very true

Yoda of Radar

The best thing with front plates IMO would just to throw it in the trunk, or if you have a GM car with the front plate cover (ex: Corvette, Grand Prix, Grand AM, etc) just install the plate cover. If you get pulled over, just pull off the plate cover on the spot (the cover I am referring to is a body-colour plastic thing that slips on and says the nameplate of the car on it) or install the plate. Tell the officer the screws came loose and you got new ones and haven't had the chance to refit the plate

Good Citizen

If he was bhind a bridge pillar, how did he shoot your headlight?

Founder of Stealthvation

At the end of the day the Blinder is a MUST ESPECIALLY in Ohio. Anyone without the Blinder in Ohio is a fool. It is an investment that pays for itself in NO TIME
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!