Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Need help! X50 or the V1

Here are some pros and cons as I see it.

No mute on V1 :?

The V1 seems larger

The V1 seems to get better reviews :P

I am buying a new car. I want to get a good detector. I am from California (No lasar jammer for me ). I drive a lot on both the city and the highway. Any suggestions or helpful hints would be nice. I plan on buying either one or the other today or tomorrow so please post helpful hints/suggestions.

Cam

Almost forgot, arrows mean nothing to me. Just knowing that smokey is around means I should slow down.

Advanced Member

Well if you need alot of city protection get a BEL RX65 if all you do is highway long distance get a V1

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Founder of Stealthvation

RX65 or the V1 have my vote.
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

I thought the 2 best were the X50 or the V1. You guys are saying the RX65 is better than the X50?

Advanced Member

As far as X50 vx RX-65:
    They are basically the same performance-wise (they likely share some internal components) except there has been some recent speculation that the RX-65 is more sensitive on X-band.

There is Ku band radar that is being tested for use in the USA, and will likely be introduced for police use in the near future. The X50 doesn't have Ku, so if you got an X50 you would need to send it back for an upgrade, or swap it when Ku radar is introduced.
    The RX-65 already has Ku, all you would need to do is turn it on. (V1 also has Ku)

Quote Originally Posted by Cambria
    Almost forgot, arrows mean nothing to me. Just knowing that smokey is around means I should slow down.
    Many people don't understand that a major part of having the arrows isn't so you know where the cops are. It allows you to identify sources of false alerts, so that you can speed up once you know it isn't a cop or don't have to slow down in the first place. Many V1 users say that once you drive with the arrows, you'll wonder how you lived without them.

I prefer the audio alerts on the V1 more than the RX-65. IMHO the V1 is much better for guaging the severity of the threat based on the audio tones. The RX-65 never goes to constant tone when you are close to the radar source, making it somewhat difficult to guage. The X50 might have better audio alerts than the RX-65...

RX-65 is quieter in the city. V1 will be effected by falses caused by motion sensors etc in the city more than the RX-65, since the V1 has antennas both in the front and rear so it picks up more "junk". If you speed a lot in the city and are easily annoyed by falses, the RX-65 would probably be better for you.

V1 is far superior to all other detectors as far as laser detection performance goes. If laser is an issue for you, since you cant get a jammer maybe a V1 and Veil would be a good combo...

The RX-65 is much cheaper than the V1 and is a good long-term investment IMHO.

V1 is like having two regular detectors, with one facing front and one facing rear, justifying the cost somewhat.

This is all just stuff to keep in mind, both detectors are good performers. It comes down to what features you like the best....

Jim

Thanks very much for the informative reply. Could you please tell me how much the size vary on the 65 and the V1? I have a smaller car (2 seater no back seat) so don't want something to large.

Radar Fanatic

Thanks very much for the informative reply. Could you please tell me how much the size vary on the 65 and the V1? I have a smaller car (2 seater no back seat) so don't want something to large.
    I believe that v1 is wider but shorter.

Founder of Stealthvation

The RX65 ROCKS IMHO. I do prefer the V1 since I have owned one for so long though. I just started using the RX65 (every time I drive my wife's SUV) and thus far I am impressed. It is MUCH better than the RD850. The V1's arrows do rock. Once you know where the threat is coming from it makes all of the difference in the world. For example I was driving through one of my neighboring cities the other day when all of a sudden my V1 identifies a threat to my rear. There was a truck behind me and behind him a police officer. A few seconds later another threat is identified in the front. It was another cop coming towards me. One thing I do miss about the X50 is the multiple threat counter (4 X bands, 2 K bands, 2 Ka bands). The RX65 is the best ergonomically. The V1 is the best on the highway. The RX65 is best in the city. Also as Jim said the RX65 AND the V1 have KU band. The V1 is also more solidly built. Why am I waisting my time writing this when Bob (Veil Guy) wrote an AWESOME TOP NOTCH review over here http://www.laserveil.com/en/ultimate.../introduction/

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Advanced Member

Here they are side by side....

Not really that much difference when it comes down to it...

Jim

Founder of Stealthvation

Man Jim you beat me to it

buyradardetectors rocks!