Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 390
  1. #1
    Founder of Stealthvation
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    11,174

    Default GOL RADAR SHOOTOUT TEST 1/28/06

    Guys we will be holding a radar testing session on 1/28/06. Thus far we will be testing the Escort DSP (1991), Valentine One, RX65, X50, STI, and some older ones. This will strickly be a radar test. We MIGHT sneak in a LIDAR detection on the STI to see if it is really improved on LIDAR detection. We should be able to nail this in one day. We will not be video taping do to time constraints. We will be taking plenty of pics though. Any equipment donations (loaning) would be greatly appreciated. This is what we need:

    STI
    Kustom KA gun


    We are NOT making any money of this (like always), this is for us and the forum to see what is the best and for our education
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.


    http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/


    LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!











    You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!










    buyradardetectors rocks!

  2. #2
    Yoda of Radar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    10,773

    Default

    Would be real great to see the STi versus the old DSP A friend of mine in PA swears by his PASSPORT. Yep, a real 22 year old PASSPORT :shock:

  3. #3
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    7,509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmaartAasSaabr
    Would be real great to see the STi versus the old DSP A friend of mine in PA swears by his PASSPORT. Yep, a real 22 year old PASSPORT :shock:
    If we have time we'll try that too

  4. #4
    Lead Foot
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    341

    Default

    How about getting the DF2 and the AL6 (and some of the older ones for reference) and do a new-jammer first contact as well? 8) 8)

    * no videos needed for verification, just the reported figures, GOL already has a reputation of being honest.

  5. #5
    Lead Foot
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    K-55 land
    Posts
    414

    Default

    May I suggest that the generations of CMI detectors be tested? I realize this may add time, but it will certainly clarify the apochryphal ranking of detectors. I have my opinions based on owning a flock of radar detectors (no GULs, though) and I believe the 2nd gen Escort DSPs have the fewest falses (from Cobras) and modern Ka sensitivity.
    The generations:
    Original Escort
    Passport
    DSP (Motorola)
    2nd-gen DSP, including 4500,4600,5000,6800,7500.
    7500S (?)
    8500,X-50 are Motorola DSP.

    I'll supply a 5000 and an original Escort if interested.
    Bill

  6. #6
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    7,509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos from Spain
    How about getting the DF2 and the AL6 (and some of the older ones for reference) and do a new-jammer first contact as well? 8) 8)

    * no videos needed for verification, just the reported figures, GOL already has a reputation of being honest.
    Sorry no laser jammer tests this time. But, we will do one in the future as soon as production versions of both of these jammers are in the marketplace.

  7. #7
    Lead Foot
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    K-55 land
    Posts
    414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmaartAasSaabr
    Would be real great to see the STi versus the old DSP A friend of mine in PA swears by his PASSPORT. Yep, a real 22 year old PASSPORT :shock:
    If I only drove in PA, I'd have a Passport or a DSP, too.

  8. #8
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    7,509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by billgerr
    May I suggest that the generations of CMI detectors be tested? I realize this may add time, but it will certainly clarify the apochryphal ranking of detectors. I have my opinions based on owning a flock of radar detectors (no GULs, though) and I believe the 2nd gen Escort DSPs have the fewest falses (from Cobras) and modern Ka sensitivity.
    The generations:
    Original Escort
    Passpost
    DSP (Motorola)
    2nd-gen DSP, including 4500,4600,5000,6800 and I believe the original 7500.
    7500s,8500,X-50 are Motorola DSP.

    I'll supply a 5000 and an original Escort if interested.
    Bill
    We'll see what happens and how much time we have. No need to send your 5000, I might have a couple :wink: I would be very surprised if the detectors you listed for "2nd Gen DSP" were even close to todays sensitivity on any band. But, maybe we'll find out for sure.

    What do you know about the GUL detectors? Were't those early units by Beltronics or something?

    Jim

  9. #9
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    105

    Default Re: GOL RADAR SHOOTOUT TEST 1/28/06

    Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    Guys we will be holding a radar testing session on 1/28/06. Thus far we will be testing the Escort DSP (1991), Valentine One, RX65, X50, STI, and some older ones. This will strickly be a radar test. We MIGHT sneak in a LIDAR detection on the STI to see if it is really improved on LIDAR detection. We should be able to nail this in one day. We will not be video taping do to time constraints. We will be taking plenty of pics though. Any equipment donations (loaning) would be greatly appreciated. This is what we need:

    STI
    Kustom KA gun


    We are NOT making any money of this (like always), this is for us and the forum to see what is the best and for our education
    Cool. Imma lil confused. From the 2005 GOL shootout. The k,ka,x test that shows the mark of each detec. I see the V1 was at the top of each graph how many feet was it from the gun to where yall marked the detector reading?

  10. #10
    Founder of Stealthvation
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    11,174

    Default

    Do you guys think that we should keep the same location or should I start to scout for a new one?
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.


    http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/


    LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!











    You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!










    buyradardetectors rocks!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Radar Detector TEST/Shootout 2006???
    By coastal_carolina in forum Valentine One
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-07-2006, 10:07 AM
  2. Replies: 58
    Last Post: 02-06-2006, 09:56 AM
  3. Jan: 2006 Radar Shootout Pics - Rehosted
    By thestaton in forum Radar Detectors - General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-30-2006, 11:28 AM
  4. RADAR DETECTOR SHOOTOUT 8/28/05
    By happya$$ in forum Radar Detectors - General
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 09-01-2005, 07:18 PM
  5. RADAR DETECTOR SHOOTOUT 2005
    By fireant in forum Radar Detectors - General
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-14-2005, 08:43 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •