Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default U guys ever thought of holding a radar detector tournament?

Being a newcomer,I'm not sure if this been done,but I was wondering everybody thoughts on running a radar detector tournament. We conduct plenty of test to see which brand is the best,but why not have a contest to see who's personnally is the best. This is just off the top of my head but it would go something like. "Longest Ka Detec", " Longest k detec". People would have to video tape there rd in real action gainst real traps. Once you come acrosss a speed trap. Start filming and show your milage meter in the video or trip meter to show at 0. Show your rd has a reading. So from 1st alert to once your even with the LEO. Then show the distance traveld from 1st alert to full alert passing the Leo. 1mile, 1.5 mile, 2mile etc. Then for 2 more catorgories. "Most impressive ka detec",and "Most impressive k detec". It would involve a poll to show your rd catching a speed trap over a hill,around a curve, around a hill and over a hill,etc. We could take a poll on what footage is tops. Adminstrators could make a sticky of everybody who wanted to sign up for one or all of those 4 catorgories. To make it fun. For the people who signed up for whatever tournament. You have to pay the winner like $5 or $10 to there Pay Pal account. It would have to be based on a honor system to pay the winner of each tournament you entered. Ex.-If 5 members enter to be in the "Longest ka detec" tournament. The member with the lonest ka pick up(on film) would receive $5 from the other 4 members-Like I said guys this is just of the top of my head,but curious if anybody else down to put it together?

Banned

yes we have on most of ur questions there is SML witch is found sometimes to be one sided and there is i hate to say even put it in a catagory of testing but GOL witch i find in my in my own words and thoughts to have hidden agenda's and there is also JTW witch in terms i think is a great Fair person altho that laser mimic crap was kinda ify so there is not much u can trust i would say maybe one day out of this whole year all the board members well however many can should show up to one big ol test to see who is who and get all this one sided shyt out of the way and start doing it for our selfs by the way GOL was start by a few board members others tryed to help or join and where rejected so... take that in to thought._IknOx

Old Timer

GOL has no agendas, and if you could find one- then please let us know. Its hard to hear that we have agendas, especially when the v1 came out on top, and that is roys competitior- but whatever.

GOL conducts real world tests. We put them in locations like around hills and turns, and see if they can detect any better then the others

SML conducts tests on miles of flat land. Biggest radar event out there IMO

Power User

I have no idea what that response has to do with the authors question :?:

I thought the subject of this post had something to do with having fun, who has had the best detection range, did I mis something.

Banned

well like i said thats just what i think but hey no hard feelings sethy the beef is not with u nor even if u wernt in GOL its just some of the guys can make a sour pack u kno like putting a dead chicken in with a bunch of healthy ones i dont think i have to tell u what happens to the healthy chickens?

Old Timer

non taken. when you are on top, people attack your credibility

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by Iknox
    yes we have on most of ur questions there is SML witch is found sometimes to be one sided and there is i hate to say even put it in a catagory of testing but GOL witch i find in my in my own words and thoughts to have hidden agenda's and there is also JTW witch in terms i think is a great Fair person altho that laser mimic crap was kinda ify so there is not much u can trust i would say maybe one day out of this whole year all the board members well however many can should show up to one big ol test to see who is who and get all this one sided shyt out of the way and start doing it for our selfs by the way GOL was start by a few board members others tryed to help or join and where rejected so... take that in to thought._IknOx
    I think your way off base by stating GOL had hidden agendas. GOL is actually the only testing in the RD Lidar industry that I feel has any merrit.
    It is a group of guys like you and I who have a love for this hobby and have no financial gain in the picture no matter how the results come out. They even put the testing up in a way to be real life speed traps rather than lab type testing and they get no pay for it in any way. If anything it costs something out of their pocket. I recently spoke with one of the GOL members and he himself personally told me the day any part of GOL even starts to have the smallest amount of bias he would put an end to GOL.
    Now when we here as a group have people who are willing to put their time effort and money into something that all of us can use and trust the information from it is a real kick in the tail to have someone try to erode it with comments such accusing them of having hidden agenda

Banned

i know i mean look at bill gates

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by itisjustme
    Quote Originally Posted by Iknox
    I think your way off base by stating GOL had hidden agendas. GOL is actually the only testing in the RD Lidar industry that I feel has any merrit.
    It is a group of guys like you and I who have a love for this hobby and have no financial gain in the picture no matter how the results come out. They even put the testing up in a way to be real life speed traps rather than lab type testing and they get no pay for it in any way. If anything it costs something out of their pocket. I recently spoke with one of the GOL members and he himself personally told me the day any part of GOL even starts to have the smallest amount of bias he would put an end to GOL.
    Now when we here as a group have people who are willing to put their time effort and money into something that all of us can use and trust the information from it is a real kick in the tail to have someone try to erode it with comments such accusing them of having hidden agenda

im not going to RANT about this because i did in the past and i let it be known what i thought so now we must wait to wat the future holds. u can look threw my post to see all my strong point on GOL i would also check out a few other things on the board that are going on now. enjoy the day and i stated IMO so this newcomer knows that its just what i think and others.

Radar Fanatic

i think it would be cool to have a Laser shootout. have anyone with laser countermeasures get together and see how they do. see how everyones set-up differs in performance. like right now mine would just be my Navi with practically the entire front Veiled . but id like to see how other vehicles do with just Veil and Lasershield or just a jammer. Basically GOL on steriods