View Poll Results: Do you think the V1 arrows feature is over rated?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

15 35.71%
  • no

27 64.29%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default Arrows? I don't need no stinkin arrows!

Arrows over rated?

Old Timer

pointing out the falses always helps...

but if you drive your daily comute enough, you will know when somthings up if you have a multi-threat meter.

Advanced Member

don't need the arrows but they intrique me alot

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Lead Foot

If you're receiving an alert, does it really matter if it's coming from the front or from behind? I mean, what's the advantage....you're still going to slow down. And the LEO's reading is still going to be the same, so what are you going to do if it's coming from the rear....NOT apply the brakes to try to fool the officer or not give yourself away (in which case, you won't be slowing down any)?

This is a nice feature, and I think it does show the reliability of the detector performing it's assigned function......but to me, they are over-rated. ESPECIALLY if it's this feature that causes it to be $100 more than the X50 or RX65!

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Arrows? I don't need no stinkin arrows!

Quote Originally Posted by Tick Magnet
    Arrows over rated?
    let me make a poor attempt at being psychic :twisted:

you did careful review (especially on the net, maybe at looking at radar reviews off google searches) and did a ton of reading before making a decesion on which radar detector to purchase. you bought an x50 after seeing it win so many awards and getting so much priase all over from a general glance at the rd industry. you might have also fallen in love with your x50 but still must wonder and lust for something better....

which brings u to thoughts of the v1...u ended up here at the forums and started to see all these zombies :shock: walking around with extreme loyalty and sincere love for their precious.

ok i realize im losing it and need to go to sleep, but the bottom line is, yes its true.....the v1 is the best no matter where you are (as long as u got half a brain and can program it) and those arrows make it the champ.

not hating on your x50...its DEFINATELY A TOP NOTCH RD, but try a v1 out and see how you like...i bet you turn into a :shock: before you know it. just my 3.826 cents :shock:

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by TeamQuack
    Arrows over rated?
    let me make a poor attempt at being psychic :twisted:

you did careful review (especially on the net, maybe at looking at radar reviews off google searches) and did a ton of reading before making a decesion on which radar detector to purchase. you bought an x50 after seeing it win so many awards and getting so much priase all over from a general glance at the rd industry. you might have also fallen in love with your x50 but still must wonder and lust for something better....

which brings u to thoughts of the v1...u ended up here at the forums and started to see all these zombies :shock: walking around with extreme loyalty and sincere love for their precious.

ok i realize im losing it and need to go to sleep, but the bottom line is, yes its true.....the v1 is the best no matter where you are (as long as u got half a brain and can program it) and those arrows make it the champ.

not hating on your x50...its DEFINATELY A TOP NOTCH RD, but try a v1 out and see how you like...i bet you turn into a :shock: before you know it. just my 3.826 cents :shock:
    Naw, I just got the x50 because it has a scanning dot

Radar Fanatic

just give it up and give in :shock: :wink:

with that baby on your windsheild, you'll feel like a cop shooting radar too

Scratonicity Groupie

i'll give you one of the many reasons why arrow's rule - you are driving on the interstate - you get a Ka alert!

Now in one scenario the leo could be behind you with his forward antenna on - so you are picking him up at a great distance! If you dont see him in your rear view dont give him a chance to catch up is my theory!

Next you get a Ka alert it points to the front - the LEO is coming the other way or is sitting up ahead waiting to pick you off! Either way you slow down but you know he's in front of you! If he's got a sweet hiding spot well the V1 is a sweet spot hunter!

Without the arrows you'd be looking around forever wondering where they where!

Advanced Member

I wish I had the scsnning dot

ES13Raven

Quote Originally Posted by jimbonzzz

I wish I had the scsnning dot
    You daaaaaamn right...