Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What RD's...

Speed Demon

Default What RD's...

Since most of you have alot of experience with the X50, I was just curious to see some speeds that you can go with either unit. I'm usually a 10-15 over speeder and i'm not sure if my Whistler 1773 can save me every time. What would be the TOPS you could go with out getting caught on radar with K, and Ka band on the X50? I'm not saying I do much more then 15 over, but say if I was doing 15-25 over would I be safe with out a 2nd thought of getting caught on any band becides Laser?

Radar Fanatic

if i was in the correct car and was in the right environment, id do 30-35 over and feel confident, not all the time obviously, just when i felt like stepping on it, on average i do 10-15 over on rural roads and 20-25 over on the Hwy and have never been caught (i shouldve been a few times though, but i was lucky). just remember, any cop that knows how to use instant-on Ka, will get you 90% of the time.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by A-TownNavi
    if i was in the correct car and was in the right environment, id do 30-35 over and feel confident, not all the time obviously, just when i felt like stepping on it, on average i do 10-15 over on rural roads and 20-25 over on the Hwy and have never been caught (i shouldve been a few times though, but i was lucky). just remember, any cop that knows how to use instant-on Ka, will get you 90% of the time.
    I'm yet to get hit with instant-on Ka. I've had more K band alerts then Ka.

Yesterday I cut a red light.....My radar detector wasnt going off and seriously NO cars were around. If there is a camara or whatever at the traffic light, would my RD pick that up as K band?

Advanced Member

I use a BEL 995 and with just the detector I would go no more than 15mph over in NY (Laser and Instant-on are a big threat in NY)

With my CB and Laser Jammer ON I average 20-25 over if weather permits! Anything faster than that is dangerous to yourself and the others on the road

With constant K-band you will be fine to be going 25 over with Ka no more than 15 ESPECIALLY IN NY Trooper angle their cars for minimal alert with they are running constant on

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Radar 4 Ever
    Yesterday I cut a red light.....My radar detector wasnt going off and seriously NO cars were around. If there is a camara or whatever at the traffic light, would my RD pick that up as K band?
    Nope not many modern red light cameras use radar!!! Running red lights is stupid even with no cars around I have seen cops come out of the shadows each time my firneds run a red light in the middle of no where upstate NY

Scanner-RS Pro-96

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob
    I use a BEL 995 and with just the detector I would go no more than 15mph over in NY (Laser and Instant-on are a big threat in NY)

With my CB and Laser Jammer ON I average 20-25 over if weather permits! Anything faster than that is dangerous to yourself and the others on the road
    exactly. i would only do 30-35 over if i was the only one on the road and it was relatively flat and straight, other wise your just being a complete idiot vs being just dumb

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Radar 4 Ever

Red light cameras rely on Sensors in the lane of traffic, roughly 2ft in diameter just before the solid white line. There would be two sensors spaced appart. As you trigger the first sensor activetes and the second deactivates which runs a timer (like Vascar, distance/time) which computes ft/sec and triggers that camera if it tracks if your rear tire breaks that contact.

Speed Demon

with Ka no more than 15 ESPECIALLY IN NY Trooper angle their cars for minimal alert with they are running constant on
    We would have less of an alert time, but wouldn't they have less of a range to pick us up... so wouldn't it even out?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by computersoc
    with Ka no more than 15 ESPECIALLY IN NY Trooper angle their cars for minimal alert with they are running constant on
    We would have less of an alert time, but wouldn't they have less of a range to pick us up... so wouldn't it even out?
    Yeah but what i am talking about i mean you go over hill and BAM Ka...You are right on top of the officer...This seems to be their favorie thing to do

I have had times with NYSTs where i saw them before dewtector alerted

And then ther are times where i get plenty of range

Scanner-RS Pro-96

Yoda of Radar

I drive 100 miles per hour all the time! I only have a Sensoro :shock: And detectors are illegal :shock:

Mind you I know my route so unbelieveably well 8) When on uncharted territory I am more careful.

And NYST's are just f-ing crazy :x