Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Old Timer

Default NOTE: The back alley

Hey everyone, during the past week, we have strived to make some changes to the board, as when argueing starts, instead of locking the topic, we cut it and move it to the back alley. We tried that for about a week, and now we decided we are going back to our old style.

Our old style is locking the threads when the topic at hand has gotten off topic, or if people just start to argue. We are doing it this way because when we send the topics to the back alley, people just get pissed at eachother. That carries over to the rest of the forums, which is starting to make the board look trashy.

Certain arguements may stay alive if there shows to be some reasoning behind them. If not, they will be locked or pitched. Roy agrees, this is how it should be run.

Yoda of Radar

SmaartAasSaabr says it's STICKY TIME 8)

Radar Fanatic

sigh of relief............

Power User

Agreed...smartest thing done on here in months

Banned

Censorship censorship censorship. I remember when the board wasn't lame and you could speak your mind. This is a great way to stop the flow of information. Through arguements we've uncovered alot of stuff in the past. Lets all go to a kindergarten board now. Cool!

Power User

Nothing wrong with people arguing as long as they argue like they are grown and not jump way off the topic and trash the board.

Power User

Try this one;

http://kids.novita.org.au/forum/default.asp?p=174

I see JTW is a gold member there

*shrugs* IMHO, I don't really see anything wrong with arguing as long and it's constructive and not just people flaming each other.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by JammerTests Webmaster
    Censorship censorship censorship. I remember when the board wasn't lame and you could speak your mind. This is a great way to stop the flow of information. Through arguements we've uncovered alot of stuff in the past. Lets all go to a kindergarten board now. Cool!
    good ponit JTW :wink: 8)

Professional

I agree with you all that we seem to be more and more censored here in the forums but we all have to remember one thing.
    This is Roy's Forum and he pays the bills so he can make the rules.

It takes a lot of time and expense to keep one of these forums running and if we keep complaining about being censored or other things Roy could very well say the hell with it and close it down.

I understand Roy's position on this and even though I disagree with the censorship going on here I will follow the rules becasue it is Roy's site and it is his rules.

If you do not like the rules you can go elsewhere or start your own forum.
    Maintaining a forum takes time and money, 2 things I know I do not have a lot of.