Thread: VA State cops

Good Citizen

Default VA State cops

On average, how much distance do you detect a state trooper on 95 or other interstate highway running constant KA. Today I barely picked up a cop running constant on KA, I got perhaps .05 miles before I actually saw him. this has happened twice with two different cops. I'm using a V1 and I will be sending it in tomorrow for the .826 revision from .821. Anyone get better performance in detecting KA from far away in VA?

Founder of Stealthvation

Default Re: VA State cops

Quote Originally Posted by Beeej259
    On average, how much distance do you detect a state trooper on 95 or other interstate highway running constant KA. Today I barely picked up a cop running constant on KA, I got perhaps .05 miles before I actually saw him. this has happened twice with two different cops. I'm using a V1 and I will be sending it in tomorrow for the .826 revision from .821. Anyone get better performance in detecting KA from far away in VA?
    WannabeStealthjamal claims that the original 8500 Rev 15 gives him much better KA protection than anything else on the market including a V1 but I say that he is full of it because Happya$$ only uses the best so Happya$$ uses a V1
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Power User

lol, happya$$

I found that the V1 was not that great with forward facing constant on Ka radar, I would get little warning. If the Ka constant on radar is pointed in your direction you should get great detection range with the V1.

The VA state cops like to hide in trees, behind hills, ditches, ect. They hide really well. There are times where I can't even see the police car in the bushes, but my detector told me it's there. Other times, you might see a corner of the car only because you were looking really hard because the detector was screaming. All those trees, bushes, hills, ditches cut the range down.

I truly believe the original 8500 is the best all around Ka detector because I haven't found another detector that can beat it when obstacles are blocking the radar or when the radar is forward facing. The X50 and V1 seem to alert to the Ka at the same time or in rare cases a second sooner than the 8500 only when it is a flat stright area with no obstacles. I am hoping the Bel STI has better Ka detection than the original 8500,

On 95 is where I would expect to see the state police use instant-on since people from other states might still have there detectors up. I have only ran into instant on from the state police 4 times(2 were in one day!), none of which were on 95. I saw them using it on other state roads.

Founder of Stealthvation

What is weird is that if the V1 is the most sensitive with Ka facing it it should be the most sensitive with Ka away from it. Professor Bones what are your thoughts?

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Power User

I the GOL test, the V1 and the original 8500 were equal in the Ka test. The gun was pointed in the direction of the detectors.

Founder of Stealthvation

Boottom line is that Happya$$ will always be more stealthed than wannabe GUARANTEED

buyradardetectors rocks!

Professional

Default Re: VA State cops

you should be getting better range on your v1.offtopic What only .05 mile man bad to say this but that is sucky i think unless it was instant-on close shot>?. man with my x50 rev 5 i get 1.10 or 1.11 mile constant-on with a cop shooting his stalker dual radar :shock: and with lots of traffic in the way and few small hills. on the 35.5 freq i get over a mile range to instant-on radar from a Kustom Signals KA band Talon gun.and iam really happy with mine and also the x50 seems to have pretty good detection around coners to it has some tunel V :wink: :P.

Carlito

Good Citizen

There must be something wrong wtih the detector then because this happens all the time.

Radar Fanatic

There must be something wrong wtih the detector then because this happens all the time.
    i drive on 95 all the time. when a leo is around a curve (not sharp) and his radar is facing away (say he's using it on the other bound of traffic), i get detection when i see the leo pretty much or at least a split second or two before(constant-on). yes its very poor and i did wonder why this was so.

i also get the same thing as i drive towards the throggs neck bridge (from queens side to bx side). there's a curve right before the bridge, leading to it, and a leo always sits on the other bound of traffic, and i usually pick him up on radar *after* i see him with my own eyes. both situations though, they werent aiming at me. on the other hand, while approaching this leo from the bx to queens bound side (the side he's targetting), i get a very good range, about a mile. so the v1 is very poor at picking up KA radar facing away from you, which isnt too important as they arent aiming the radar at you.

im begining to wonder if they are upgrading their stalker units or something, or did my v1 turn mortal in this situation?

but yes i can verify that i have experienced this, not all the time, but in the situaions presented above.

Good Citizen

Default I-95 and I-64

If I am comparing my V-1, Bel 970LR and 8500

My Bel LR provides me quicker and longer ranging on 35.5GHz than my V-1 followed by the 8500.

Though I-95 somewhere between mile markers 100-165 I get less warning due to the trees and slight curves. I believe that the LEO run with lower output and I get between 1/4 - 1/2 mile warning with all three units.

The best I have had was around 1.25 miles on I-95. On I-64 I get between 1/2- 3/4 miles besting 1.50miles.

f and when VSP run K band, the Valentine best 1 mile and Bel LR and 8500 are around 3/4mile. When they are running on Route-460 The Val1 gave 4 miles best and the other two 3.25miles. One of my friends had a bel 985 that day as well.