Newcomer

Default Question for Stinger Ventura in Ebay.

Hello for people of this forum, I´m new in this forum :roll:
    I have a question, I have seen the detector Stinger Ventura in Ebay ( <LINK REMOVED - jimbonzzz> ) , and I know that you were advising me on this model. I live in Spain and here the radars that they are in the habit of using are Multanova 6F, is this detector adapted for these radars?.

Thanks

Professional

Never heard of them, The picture they give SUCKS! I would look elsewhere as it looks he is hiding something

Yoda of Radar

It is basically a Beltronics 966 that has "STINGER" written on the top. Not bad choice for Multanovas, actually, one of the best.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by Holla
    Never heard of them, The picture they give SUCKS! I would look elsewhere as it looks he is hiding something
    Ok, thank you for your response.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by SmaartAasSaabr
    It is basically a Beltronics 966 that has "STINGER" written on the top. Not bad choice for Multanovas, actually, one of the best.
    What´s price of Stinger Ventura new?

Thank you

Yoda of Radar

I don't know offhand. I don't even know if Stinger still sells them. You can still get the Beltronics 975R, same thing pretty much.

Check around on http://www.todoradares.com/

Newcomer

I don't know offhand. I don't even know if Stinger still sells them. You can still get the Beltronics 975R, same thing pretty much.

Check around on http://www.todoradares.com/
    In this web (http://www.todoradares.com) Beltronics 975 is more expensivly that the price that exists now in Ebay, I will follow the auction for this moment.
    Thank you for your information.

Professional

Mateos- be careful buying a detector on eBay. It is risky. Many people sell used detectors that do not work as advertised and will not give back your money. Buy from an authorized dealer.

(My apoligies for the weird syntax of this post. It seems like Mateos is using an online translator, so I tried to write it in the most basic English I could.)

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by mateos
    What´s price of Stinger Ventura new?

Thank you
    Exactly as SmaartAasSaabr said. Its basically a Bel996R (not 100% but in practical terms its 100% same), but the difference is that Stinger prices its Ventura at twice the pricetag of the Bel966. It is still sold too. An as bcorby said, be very careful of eBay, unfortunately private owners can get rid of a malfunctioning unit out of warranty through eBay very easily.

Translation in Spanish: Es tal cual te lo ha dicho SmaartAasSaabr. Es basicamente un BEl966R pero con el nombrte de Stinger que venden al doble del precio (1000€). Y como te alerta bcorby, ten mucho cuidado de comprar detectores en eBay, la mejor manera de desacerse de un detector que falla es venderlo en eBay a precio barato desgraciadamente.

If you are looking for a detector for the Multanova in Spain get the Bel996R o Bel975R, the Stinger Ventura is a rip off (and so is the Target 660 EVO which is 100% same thing as a Bel996R but also overpriced)