Default Lighter Colored cars. Risky? VEIL HELP!!!

Are lighter colored cars exposed more to the risk of getting laser/radar-ed? (white, pearl, yellow, bright red/blue, etc)

Also, would VEIL really help? perhaps, the question should be, is it WORTH it? on my white car?
    I heard you can apply it 5~6 times per veil solution, I hope it doesn't get "washed away" after a car wash.

I really don't know if I should trust this VEIL stuff. hope its not one of those gimmicks.

Power User

You can trust the VEIL name, it does help, of coarse being a whit car your still going to be tagged easier than a dark color cars (red is actually considered dark), its all about the game of chance and split second reaction. What you hopping for is that your RD alerts to laser from cars ahead getting splattered by the light so you then can quickly get to a safe speed. But more times than not the RD will not alert in time, so the VEIL buys you a few extra seconds, so that if you are targeted from a far and the RD alerts or doesn't alert but you see the LEO, the VEIL will help increase your chances of preventing the LEO getting a reading by the time you get your speed down. You might get lucky without the VEIL but you can increase your luck with VEIL, now who doesn't like to get more lucky?!

Old Timer

Default Re: Lighter Colored cars. Risky? VEIL HELP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bustedandticketed
    Are lighter colored cars exposed more to the risk of getting laser/radar-ed? (white, pearl, yellow, bright red/blue, etc)

Also, would VEIL really help? perhaps, the question should be, is it WORTH it? on my white car?
    I heard you can apply it 5~6 times per veil solution, I hope it doesn't get "washed away" after a car wash.

I really don't know if I should trust this VEIL stuff. hope its not one of those gimmicks.
    light colored cars do have a disavdantage to laser. I have a metalic silver car, (the easiest car to get a reading on) and veil has worked maracles with me. Ive been hit a few times when i forgot to turn my jammer on, when my jammer wasnt level, and in one case when one of my jammer heads was broken.

Veil absorbs the LIDAR energy no matter what car its on. its a solid investment

Professional

I'm actually getting a new black car specifically for this purpose (Evo IX). I would have preferred dark metallic silver asthetically but black is the most invisible to laser.

And if I ever happen to want to hide my car, once i turn off the lights and duck into a side street or something i'll be virtually invisible at night as well

I think black car + Veil + a jammer of some sort will almost be the ultimate invisible machine to laser. I'm still going to have to keep the retroreflective license plate to stay legal, and no... i'm not getting the laser shield to cover it since Dilip already got caught for that, but i think this setup should be good enough anyway.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by nvr2fast
    I'm actually getting a new black car specifically for this purpose (Evo IX). I would have preferred dark metallic silver asthetically but black is the most invisible to laser.

And if I ever happen to want to hide my car, once i turn off the lights and duck into a side street or something i'll be virtually invisible at night as well

I think black car + Veil + a jammer of some sort will almost be the ultimate invisible machine to laser. I'm still going to have to keep the retroreflective license plate to stay legal, and no... i'm not getting the laser shield to cover it since Dilip already got caught for that, but i think this setup should be good enough anyway.
    just veil the plate, dilip had no trouble for quite a while with that

Lead Foot

I think the best stealth would be the cloaking device from the Clingons :P
    The color yellow stands out the most on the freeway I would think that is the risky color as it really stands out. The color white is pretty plain and would blend in which is why I got 2 white cars and ease of maintenance. On the other hand Silver is a very stealthy color to the eye perhaps this is the best bet color because it just blends into everything and it is also a easily maintained color that doesn't show the dirt like black does.

Professional

Veil will help you no matter what colour your car is. Having it is much much better than not having it.

Of course a black car would be slightly better.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Dilip
    Veil will help you no matter what colour your car is. Having it is much much better than not having it.

Of course a black car would be slightly better.
    Yeah your yellow car is having good performance against laser with the laser shield and veil on the lights.

But like you also said, Veil on a retroreflective plate is not very useful, as it still shines through. If only there was something that wasn't so obvious we could put on... ops: