Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Power User

Default Moved the V1 to the rear...

I did this before but I didn't have the stir at that time. I'll see if I like it any better now. I got a new GPS and an ipod deal and was just monkeying around while I had the car apart...

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Moved the V1 to the rear...

pics?

Yoda of Radar

Pics?

Banned

I'm interested in hearing what you think. I have been running my V1 this way for quite a while and it has improved my 9500ci's reaction time (still bad at ~600ms and below). It also dramatically decreased falsing from the V1, and almost enough where i could run KA guard off. Direct real threats the V1 still alerts the same for me.

Power User

I'll post some pics over the weekend. It's just mounted above the back glass.
    I got tired of my my GPS mount falling all the time so I just got a big Garmin and screwed it to the dash...

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by CJR238 View Post
    I'm interested in hearing what you think. I have been running my V1 this way for quite a while and it has improved my 9500ci's reaction time (still bad at ~600ms and below). It also dramatically decreased falsing from the V1, and almost enough where i could run KA guard off. Direct real threats the V1 still alerts the same for me.
    +1. I don't care about the pics as much as how this performs for you. Looking forward to hearing reports. Thanks!

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by srtga View Post
    I'll post some pics over the weekend. It's just mounted above the back glass.
    I got tired of my my GPS mount falling all the time so I just got a big Garmin and screwed it to the dash...
    Post a pic of this for sure! I went looking for a replacement stick on puck for my navigon and couldn't find one anywhere. I don't like anything attached to the windshield or rvm.

x2

Quote Originally Posted by ersin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CJR238 View Post
    +1. I don't care about the pics as much as how this performs for you. Looking forward to hearing reports. Thanks!

Power User

Well, I've put in a few miles with this system but haven't seen much radar enforcement. With the few C/O K traps I've hit the stir has alerted first with the V1 a second or two behind and it seems to be about the same with door openers.

I hadn't considered what CJR said about the V1 intefering with the sti but now they're so far apart that any observations should be pretty clean. I'm still waiting to see how it does with I/O.

My remote audio adapter should be in today so I'll post some pics when I get it together.

Power User

The V1 was about FIVE SECONDS behind the stir today with a local running rolling, oncoming Ka! He was coming around a gentle curve towards me.

This isn't looking good...