Speed Demon

Default RD choice for Europe (Help)

Hi!

I live in Croatia and need some help. We have these radars:

Multanova Ka - Photo
    Gatso K - Photo
    Falcon K - Handheld instant on
    Komar X

What would be good choice of RD considering a lot of Multanova's 6F?

Sorry if this topic was alredy covered, but I have searched the forum and didn't find concrete info on this topic.

WBR!

Lead Foot

V1 or Bel 550 Euro

Lead Foot

The remote Bel 975R is even better than the best portables (V1 and Bel550) if you can install it . You will have no problem detecting the K & X band radars but vs the Multanovas (the hardest of all to detect in advance) the Bel975R will perform better.

The Bel966 is just as good as the Bel975 but does not have X band.

Speed Demon

Ok thanks guys for the answer. So it seems that I'll order "Bel 975R". Any idea about a good source in Germany to buy it from? Also I see it doesn't have Ku band (in Serbia and Hungary they use Ku band). Any remote version that has Ku band?

Also what about RX65 and european use?

What is the approximate distance for this RD's Multanova detection (between radar and 975R)?

One more thing. Is this dealer ok? http://www.sbhcorp.com/scripts/homeViewBrand-57-2.html

Thanks!

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by g-zona
    One more thing. Is this dealer ok? http://www.sbhcorp.com/scripts/homeViewBrand-57-2.html

Thanks!
    Well they do sell RMR products, so that kinda leave a bad feeling, a company willing to sell a product that scams the people. It might not mean much but just doing buisness and making money period if people wanted to buy that garbage. Further FLAGS that go up are the odd buisness hours, looks like one of those NY companies that operate under a thousand different identities in order to hid bad critisim. Call then up and review the information see how much they know and if things are not smooth so to speak then I would recommend looking around some more for comparison purposes. Your best bet is to find a german auto forum and ask questions there. This is all under the assumtion that Roy does not sell the model you want nor ships to your destination.

Speed Demon

Thanks, will ask Roy then about 975R. I saw on his web site he ships to Germany, but not to Croatia. I have a friend over there so it shoudn't be a problem.

Also what about BEL 966R Vector Europa. It has Ku band and 975R doesn't. Is that the only diference?

10x for your help.

WBR

Javor

Lead Foot

Only order the Bel975 form someone you can trust. Radar Roy can sell you a Bel9675 and can ship it to you to Europe no problem.

If you need kU band then you need the Bel966R, but in turn the Bel966 does not recieve X band so you have to consider which is more important, X band (975) or Ku band (966). I find hard to believe that there are still any X-band radars out there in Europe.

The Bel966 is also different than the Bel975 in that it has a microchip in its board that filters inteference of the cellular GSM phones on the dectectors. The Bel975 does not have this and GSM phones and antenaes cause false signals and interference in "some" users.

Also the filtering software of the bel975 is more "permisive" and will give more false signals in Ka band than the Bel966 which has been tailored especifically for europe.

The bel966 you cannot purschase in the US or from any distrubuitor in the US because Bel has an exclussive distribuiton contract with Target to sell the bel966 in Europe. So you can only purchase the Bel966 (Target's version of the Bel975) in Europe.

Forget about the SXR, SR-7 or the RX-75 remotes!! they do not have narrow Ka band and will detect very poorly the Multanovas comapred to a Bel966 or a Bel975.

Multanova detection varies form country to country and version to version (fixed, mobile, tripod, etc). But its the most dificult one to detect in advance of all normally.

Speed Demon

Ok, now it's all clear. Thanks for your help.

Lead Foot

You are welcome, glad to lend a hand

Professional

However, do note that some narrowband detectors like the V1 (and possibly others) may not pickup a radar that is out of tune.

For example, many narrowband detectors only pickup +/- 100Mhz from the focus point (34.36Ghz). So if the detector falls out of tune like 34.20Ghz, then the detector will have absolutely no response (not even delayed response, like with a wideband detector).

So beware!