Good Citizen

Default Can you still consider a X8 a false?

I was driving the other day down this road. I knew there was a x false there, but it went all the way up to X8, and it aint never got that high before. Would anyone still consider this a false or a cop? Anyone ever recieve a high false liek this? Any info would be great. I just dont think a false would be that strong.

Power User

Default Re: Can you still consider a X8 a false?

Quote Originally Posted by NRTrackChamp2004
    I was driving the other day down this road. I knew there was a x false there, but it went all the way up to X8, and it aint never got that high before. Would anyone still consider this a false or a cop? Anyone ever recieve a high false liek this? Any info would be great. I just dont think a false would be that strong.
    All my "flase" alerts, even parked infront of the auto door sensor, does not get that high, one of the benifits knowing that it is a "false". Normally the alerts are from 2 to 4 very rarely have I gotten a 6 of a maximum of 9, and while driving, passing the "false", only last for a few seconds 2 to 4 sec. If X band is used in your area chances are that it was real. Though there still is chance that it was a "false", just a low chance. I don't monitor X because of state law, so perhaps X band specifically can get that high.

Yoda of Radar

I have gone that high if I pull into a walgreen's parking lot with an old cobra model. But I suppose you would have figured that out yourself.

Yoda of Radar

My Sensoro goes straight up to X9 at the end of my commute, think it's those door openers but there must be several.

while driving through the town center, i pass a bank that is located there. i get a full strength x band signal when i pass it

Lead Foot

Signal strength may vary for any source. It depends on power level, line-of-sight and angle of inteception among other things.

I'll get an 8 on a BEL 960 1/8 of a mile from a stationary X-band source, in this case a Micky D's and an 8 from K-Band door openers at several hundred feet.

About all you can say is 1's or 2's can't hurt you....YET

Bill