Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default How far from a Rabbit?

Im currently only running a Bel RX65 (MAYBE, MAYBE, MAYBE a LI Dual in da future). I ALWAYS try to use a rabbit if possible. What is the best distance to follow? i mean like 8 car lenghts or like 20? Thanks

Professional

Default Re: How far from a Rabbit?

I usually give out 5 telephone poles or so. I'm just worried about Q/T or I/O from radar. Rather that the rabbit gets it before I do.

But don't say maybe to the jammers. Its a MUST!

Banned

like telephone poles laying down? lol. im confused...and i would def by a cheetah and some LI's if i wasnt 18 and in college and jobless with no financial aid once so ever. haha. I am gonna look for a job though, its kills me to "borrow" money...I see it as if u cant afford it, dont buy it...(besides house, car, new led tv, $8 grand worth of Christmas goods for the kids, etc.) lol <-----THOSE ARE ALL EXEMPT! lol

Professional

watch the rabbit in front of you....watch him pass a land-mark.....start counting seconds (one-one thousand, two-one thousand.....up to seven-one thousand)
    At highway speeds, 1 sec= 100+ feet.....7 seconds is about 700-860 feet. Easily in detection range, safe from the IO blast....unless he skips your rabbit.

Advanced Member
    Upstate New York where the Stalker Dual is King

Quote Originally Posted by sx4dude2013 View Post
    Im currently only running a Bel RX65 (MAYBE, MAYBE, MAYBE a LI Dual in da future). I ALWAYS try to use a rabbit if possible. What is the best distance to follow? i mean like 8 car lenghts or like 20? Thanks
    With an RX65 you need to stick a little closer to that rabbit than what you would with a RedLine or V1 against K-Band or 34.7 / 33.8 Ka. Against 35.5, the V1 better be closer to the rabbit than you.

If you have an M4 and are cruising through Texas, you better stay close enough to see your Rabbits brake lights at all times! Since your RX65 will not catch those QT happy cowboys in the Texas DPS, you need to watch for when the Rabbit's brake lights pop on when he makes a visual on that LEO! Ha Ha Ha.

Seriously, it depends on the road. On relatively Straight and flat roads you can give him up to a half mile lead. When you get into the twisties and hills you don't want to lose sight of him around a bend or over a hill for more than 3 seconds or so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Radar Fanatic

right behind their bumper its probably the best about 5 feet away

Speed Demon

It depends on the roadway for me, if its a relatively flat road way, I let the rabbit get out there a ways, but keep in in your sight, he could turn off at any minute.

However I am also using a V1, so I can get a bit further behind.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by that guy View Post
    right behind their bumper its probably the best about 5 feet away
    nice!!! Lol

Experienced

1/2 mile on straightaways.
    5-6 car lengths on twisties.

Redline.

Good Citizen
    PA to KY to NW Chicago Burbs but on temp assignment in MS

I typically hang back about 1/4 mile. Every so often I'll lose him due to traffic conditions and then it's etiher wait for another rabbit or run 120 or so MPH to play catch-up. Dangerous but too much fun with that V8 inside the lightweight Mustang...