Good Citizen

Default NY to PA driving through NJ - Veil & V1 saved my a$$

So last weekend I took a trip from the NYC area to Philadelphia..drove through NJ..so of course I was cautious of those X band alerts.. didn't have any RADAR encounters at all, but saw at least 6 people pulled over by troopers.

.. so finally about 15 miles before I crossed into PA, I got a 1.5 second laser hit from the front, on my V1.. there was traffic coming towards me in the other direction with headlights on, since it was foggy and drizzling.. so I figure it was just a false alarm from headlights, some cruise control system, etc.. speed limit was 65, and people were doing about 65-67 in front of me, so I hopped in the left lane to pass them, took it to about 75-78 while passing, then I get a laser hit from the front.. Jam the brakes to 70, and it's still going..lasted maybe 3-4 seconds.. instead of the usual 1-2 seconds I'd get BEFORE I Veil'd up.. (first laser hit on ME since then, as far as I know).... saw him parked on an overpass a few seconds later.

AND, after passing him, a few seconds later I got a rear hit, and think CRAP he's shooting me again from the back... nope, he hit someone else behind me I guess, because I saw red lights soon thereafter..

So, I guess Veil saved my butt.. took them longer to lock on, giving me a chance to hit the brakes and get to a more revenue-collector friendly speed..just like they advertise.. even more amazing, V1 picked up a stray hit approx 1 mile away..unless it WAS a false..who knows..I've been semi-ignoring laser lately because of so many falses from headlights, taillights, etc and I haven't been in areas I knew were laser-happy... also nice having a rear-laser sensor.. someone asked a while back if V1's rear laser sensor actually worked, and I said 'yes' based on falsing... but now I can give a 100% yes on real laser..works like a charm

Founder of Stealthvation

Default Re: NY to PA driving through NJ - Veil & V1 saved my a$$

Quote Originally Posted by guardian
    So last weekend I took a trip from the NYC area to Philadelphia..drove through NJ..so of course I was cautious of those X band alerts.. didn't have any RADAR encounters at all, but saw at least 6 people pulled over by troopers.

.. so finally about 15 miles before I crossed into PA, I got a 1.5 second laser hit from the front, on my V1.. there was traffic coming towards me in the other direction with headlights on, since it was foggy and drizzling.. so I figure it was just a false alarm from headlights, some cruise control system, etc.. speed limit was 65, and people were doing about 65-67 in front of me, so I hopped in the left lane to pass them, took it to about 75-78 while passing, then I get a laser hit from the front.. Jam the brakes to 70, and it's still going..lasted maybe 3-4 seconds.. instead of the usual 1-2 seconds I'd get BEFORE I Veil'd up.. (first laser hit on ME since then, as far as I know).... saw him parked on an overpass a few seconds later.

AND, after passing him, a few seconds later I got a rear hit, and think CRAP he's shooting me again from the back... nope, he hit someone else behind me I guess, because I saw red lights soon thereafter..

So, I guess Veil saved my butt.. took them longer to lock on, giving me a chance to hit the brakes and get to a more revenue-collector friendly speed..just like they advertise.. even more amazing, V1 picked up a stray hit approx 1 mile away..unless it WAS a false..who knows..I've been semi-ignoring laser lately because of so many falses from headlights, taillights, etc and I haven't been in areas I knew were laser-happy... also nice having a rear-laser sensor.. someone asked a while back if V1's rear laser sensor actually worked, and I said 'yes' based on falsing... but now I can give a 100% yes on real laser..works like a charm

I think by now everyone knows how I feel about Veil. IMHO it is the most underrated and most unappreciated product in the industry. I know one thing for sure and that is I will ALWAYS own Veil no matter what jammer I own. I look at it this way. A jammer is like Michael Jordan and Veil is like Scottie Pippen they NEED each other to be the most successfull.
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Manufacturer

guardian,

Good stuff!

Given the extreme sensitivity that V1's have to laser, I think it possible that the V1 alerted to what may have been a portion of the lidar beam from a vehicle that may have been targeted ahead of you. Especially if it was from overhead.

At any rate, impressive performance, indeed.

Am I correct in my assumption that this occured somewhere between exit 6 and 7 on the NJTP?

If so, its good to know that laser is being used in this area.

I have only encountered laser by I80.

Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Good Citizen

Default Not sure

I'm not sure which exit it was.. but it probably was - I just looked at mapquest and re-traced my steps.. and I got off the NJTP at exit 4... So most likely, yes.. it was an overpass, the entrance to which looked like it was right off the NJTP.. and looked like he could easily re-enter the NJTP from the other side..

Good stuff you got there btw.. glad I bought it from Roy.. although I messed up my first application and went waaaay too dark with it, the 2nd try seems to be just right

Quote Originally Posted by The Veil Guy
    guardian,

Good stuff!

Given the extreme sensitivity that V1's have to laser, I think it possible that the V1 alerted to what may have been a portion of the lidar beam from a vehicle that may have been targeted ahead of you. Especially if it was from overhead.

At any rate, impressive performance, indeed.

Am I correct in my assumption that this occured somewhere between exit 6 and 7 on the NJTP?

If so, its good to know that laser is being used in this area.

I have only encountered laser by I80.

Veil Guy 8)