Yoda of Radar

Default HA HA HA, Ok Mr. Salesman....

I was at the local car audio place yesterday getting my radio put in. I was looking at the new remote radars. The guy working the counter starts telling me how AWESOME they are. So I play stupid and listen. He tells me that "many of the laser guns in use today still have K and or KA built in them so the trooper can switch back and forth." :shock: I was like, "Oh really?"

Good Citizen

lol, i find it quite funny when someone actually thinks they know what their talkin about, but really they are just talkin crap and that aint true. I wonder where he heard that crap from? Thats funny. Y didnt you burst his bubble?

Lead Foot

Default Re: HA HA HA, Ok Mr. Salesman....

Quote Originally Posted by davekr
    I was at the local car audio place yesterday getting my radio put in. I was looking at the new remote radars. The guy working the counter starts telling me how AWESOME they are. So I play stupid and listen. He tells me that "many of the laser guns in use today still have K and or KA built in them so the trooper can switch back and forth." :shock: I was like, "Oh really?"
    Where I live a company was selling Whistler Euro RD's. They were using misleading advertising by saying that it detects the "NEW Ku PHOTO RADAR" it is true that it detects Ku radar. But the problem was that everyone thought that in our area the LEO was using Ku in the PHOTO UNITS due to those advertising claims. But me being a RADAR NERD I knew that the units had K band and some where using KA band. No Ku has ever been used in my part of Europe.

bogey being bogey could not let them get away with that! So after some serious debating and an appending law suite they had to withdraw all there misleading advertising. I had my lawyer call them and we gave them 10 working days to fix this or we would have the courts decide upon this.

Really pi$$es me off when they do it ANYWAY just to make an extra buck or two! We are not all dumb!

bogey

Power User

you have got to stop getting your radios installed in the RMR warehouse

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by NRTrackChamp2004
    lol, i find it quite funny when someone actually thinks they know what their talkin about, but really they are just talkin crap and that aint true. I wonder where he heard that crap from? Thats funny. Y didnt you burst his bubble?
    No I didn't. I have been going to this place for over 13 years. I know, I was like who did you hear that from? He said a state trooper who is a friend of his. Either he is lying or the trooper like all the rest takes his job way to seriously and wants to put the fear of GOD in everyone.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by stalker
    you have got to stop getting your radios installed in the RMR warehouse