Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Best radar for my area - Tampa Florida - Also a question about Instant On

If youve read my other thread, I have a v1. Its a friends, he loaned it to me, and after a year he wants it back, so ima get another RD. (I checked the build number tonight, its 2.909!!!!! OMG.)

Well, im trying to decide on getting a new v1 or somethin else. Theres a lot of threads on this already, but i need to know what will be better for my area. I dont need the stealth here. But lots of LEOs use Instant on, which the v1 would be better for i think.

Does anyone know much about the area here in Tampa? I live in Clearwater, I get hit by Pinellas County Sheriff, Pasco Cty Sheriff, Hillsborough Cty Sheriff, Florida Hwy Patrol, and the local police. If anyone knows the area and what they use that would help.

The v1 has done me wonders even with how old it is, but would a RedLine be an upgrade for my area or should i stick with the v1?

Also......question.....I have the RD. I will be getting some jammers, im probably going to go with the blinders m27. So i will be protected from laser, and ill have a quality RD to slow me down in time for Constatn on. NOW..... what do i do for Instant on? Am I SOL when a cop throws I/O at me?? They have been using that a lot lately. Ive gotten hit with Instant on K bnad a few times in teh last few weeks... What i do!
    Thanks!
    Last edited by devinwilson; 10-26-2010 at 08:29 PM.

Professional

Default Re: Best radar for my area - Tampa Florida - Also a question about Instant On

Hello fellow bay area resident. I find laser mostly in use around here. So get some jammers. Highly suggest the Laser Interceptor...Its worked very very well for me

As far as radar, I run into 34.7Ka from the FHP when they aren't lasering. Pinellas County uses 35.5 Ka. I haven't seen any real K band alerts in a long time

As far as radar, the V1 is the best all around IMO. I suggest you click the banner at the top right of this page, called "get protected now". Search for the Laser Interceptor and V1 combo.

Instant on is a very real threat, but I typically don't see it until I'm outside the city roads. Common defense: Use a rabbit.

Newcomer

Default Re: Best radar for my area - Tampa Florida - Also a question about Instant On

Hey there.. thanks for your reply!
    I see lots of laser too, so the jammers will be coming soon. Im on workmans comp right now and saving some cash, but ill get them eventually.

So Pinellas uses 35.5. Thats good to know. I have gotten hit once with K from Pinellas. I ran into the same LEO within 2 hours or so shooting K and she was moving around the same area nailing a few poor people. It was interesting lol.
    Also Hernando has a few officers using K, I was up in Spring Hill and got a few constant on K band alerts.
    Honestly i havent seen any K being used within the last year untill recently.

And yes, I want want want that combo, but its 1000 bucks god dang. I wanted to get the v1 and then in a few weeks or so get the jammers.

Quote Originally Posted by thx1138 View Post
    Hello fellow bay area resident. I find laser mostly in use around here. So get some jammers. Highly suggest the Laser Interceptor...Its worked very very well for me

As far as radar, I run into 34.7Ka from the FHP when they aren't lasering. Pinellas County uses 35.5 Ka. I haven't seen any real K band alerts in a long time

As far as radar, the V1 is the best all around IMO. I suggest you click the banner at the top right of this page, called "get protected now". Search for the Laser Interceptor and V1 combo.

Instant on is a very real threat, but I typically don't see it until I'm outside the city roads. Common defense: Use a rabbit.

snoopyc4

e jammers, im probably going to go with the blinders m27. So i will be protected from laser, and ill have a quality RD to slow me down in time for Constatn on. NOW..... what do i do for Instant on? Am I SOL when a cop throws I/O at me??
    Fast forward to 1:54

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by devinwilson View Post
    what do i do for Instant on? Am I SOL when a cop throws I/O at me?? They have been using that a lot lately. Ive gotten hit with Instant on K bnad a few times in teh last few weeks... What i do!
    The key is in early warning. This is where the V1 shines most, by picking up even the shortest bursts of Ka at even long distances. That way you have heard other cars getting popped ahead of you, giving you plenty of warning that this is going on ahead of you.

Situational awareness is key. If you are getting these warnings, but blow them off as false alerts, then you're screwed when he gets to you. The arrows of the V1 allow you to know that all of these alerts are coming from the same direction, so that helps you rule them out as random falses.

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Power User

Just buy the v1/laser interceptor package from radarbusters and enjoy the saves that it will give you

Newcomer

Snoopy, is that your video? It was helpful, thanks.
    They're using more and more IO radar here, I guess they're getting smart.

Rob, my v1 has decent distance when it comes to CO, but i don't think i have heard any IO chirps other than when it was me in the kill zone. Could it just be the age of the unit and maybe its not as good anymore? (My OP i said it was at 2.909..lol)

SolidJake, Ill be getting that package for sure, its a pretty good deal.

EDIT: Heres another question. My v1 is old, so not sure if a newer one would be more sensitive.....but I have gotten shot quite a few times with laser, and I can see its always been aimed at me when it goes off. Ive never heard it go off while someone else was a target..Should a RD (a newer one at that) pick up laser from other targets being hit in front of me? Such as while using a rabbit?
    Last edited by devinwilson; 10-27-2010 at 06:39 AM.

Power User

His unit probably needs a good tuneup or upgrade. The latest version will perform much better

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by devinwilson View Post
    EDIT: Heres another question. My v1 is old, so not sure if a newer one would be more sensitive.....but I have gotten shot quite a few times with laser, and I can see its always been aimed at me when it goes off. Ive never heard it go off while someone else was a target..Should a RD (a newer one at that) pick up laser from other targets being hit in front of me? Such as while using a rabbit?
    The V1 excels at picking up laser, although its possible to pick up scatter its not likely. Don't rely on laser detection as a counter measure. Get the LI and you will be covered. Go to the radarbusters site.

Newcomer

How about this. On the test that the Guys of Lidar did here, where the results are, the last four tests with the TraffiPatrol XR seem to have punched through.. even through the LI.
    Where are these guns being used currently? Are they pretty popular? Because if its the guns that the State Toopers and county sheriff use so prevalently here, then ill be chopped and screwed. (Does anyone know what guns Florida Highway Patrol uses?)
    245', 474', 596' on the punch through distance using the TraffiPatrol XR with LI Dual installed. My last two tickets were laser and got me at around 300'.

Im installing LI Dual on my car pretty soon regardless, but still id like to know if im going to have a false sense of invincibility. Lol