Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by A-TownNavi
    Quote Originally Posted by insidercw3
    :wink: You better stay anonymous throughout though unless you have an FCC license. You'd be breaking federal law and I'm sure a riled up LEO would push the point.

why would he be breaking federal law?
    It's not important, except that you must have an FCC license to operate a radar unit, else you're in violation of federal statutes. Every police dept has a license, they have a special permit that allows any trained user to xmit under their license. For use common folk, you have to be duly licensed or you are in violation of the law.

Power User

:wink: You better stay anonymous throughout though unless you have an FCC license. You'd be breaking federal law and I'm sure a riled up LEO would push the point.

It's not important, except that you must have an FCC license to operate a radar unit, else you're in violation of federal statutes. Every police dept has a license, they have a special permit that allows any trained user to xmit under their license. For use common folk, you have to be duly licensed or you are in violation of the law.
    RIGHT!

And then the officer will ask you, when did you recieve your training, how many hours, did you calibrat it properly before operation, where is your certificate, when was... etc. etc. etc.

LOL!

Suf Daddy

Default FFC licenses radio frequencies and their use.

For the simple reason the FCC licenses operators on radio frequencies to keep interference down to a minimum.

To operate RADAR, you're supposed to have a FCC license.

You r SUPPOSED to go 55 or 65 or 70 MPH on your interstate also.......
    YMMV.
    -Suf Daddy

Radar Fanatic

so me sitting in my driveway clocking people with my police K-band gun is against the law?

Radar Fanatic

The cops are supposed to obey all posted speed limits too, unless they're on an emergency run. So "55 means 55" for them too! Oh, and when they're on an emergency run, they're supposed to be using lights and siren.

GTO_04

Suf Daddy

Default Technically, yes

Driving your golf cart down the street is illegal too.
    Moped with no tags.
    Car without an inspection sticker if your state has one.

So my question is: The Bushnell Speedster, how's licensing those almighty FCC?

-Suf Daddy

so me sitting in my driveway clocking people with my police K-band gun is against the law?

Radar Fanatic

where did you get that i had a golf cart lol. i dont

Suf Daddy

Default Just an example

So I'm 2 out fo 3 then? LOL

example. My neighbor (if I lived near a farm) pokes sheep.
    That's an example.
    -Suf Daddy

where did you get that i had a golf cart lol. i dont

Good Citizen

Default yea right

Cops probably break more traffic rules than the average citizen..at least in NY.. I see them never signal, on cell phones, cut people off..and in NY they love to turn their lights on, go through a red light or stop sign, then turn them off...

Quote Originally Posted by GTO_04
    The cops are supposed to obey all posted speed limits too, unless they're on an emergency run. So "55 means 55" for them too! Oh, and when they're on an emergency run, they're supposed to be using lights and siren.

GTO_04

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by GTO_04
    Oh, and when they're on an emergency run, they're supposed to be using lights and siren.

GTO_04
    Every city/town have different laws. I saw one female cop blaze pass me doing 70+ in a 25 no lights no siren. I caught up to her she started to slow down then I back off.