Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Using a Kustom on a LEO

So let's say I buy a 1000.00 Kustom radar gun and target the local leo speeding. Could I pose my "citizens arrest" right against them, and make them write themselves a ticket?

Advanced Member

Nope police think they are above the law at all times

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Yoda of Radar

I would say it is about 99.9% certain that you would either be physically injured... or be charged with something...in either case the LEO would be let off completely free.

You could on the otherhand file formal complaints (even send complaints to the paper or local newsstation) about the LEO's in your area speeding and that may do a little something.

/\\ /\\ /\\ a LITTLE something... as in almost nothing.

Newcomer

lol, just a thought! hehe

Power User

Default Re: Using a Kustom on a LEO

Quote Originally Posted by Atriety23
    So let's say I buy a 1000.00 Kustom radar gun and target the local leo speeding. Could I pose my "citizens arrest" right against them, and make them write themselves a ticket?
    No but you could video tape it and then send a copy to the local news station! :twisted:

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by holein1
    No but you could video tape it and then send a copy to the local news station! :twisted:
    Yeah like I said a media outlet would probably be the best thing to go to.... but that probably wouldnt get you to far... because who do you think determines how far each media outlet can get to take pictures/video of an incident :wink: ...Have to remember that!

Power User

Video tape it with audio in the presence of a scanner tuned to the correct frequencies for the department. That way the tape will show the LEO speeding and the scanner audio will verify that the LEO was not responding to a call. Find some way to time stamp it too. Then send the tapes to newpapers, executive LEO's within the department, and your local TV news.

I personally probably wouldn't care if they are speeding unless all the LEO's in that department are big a$$holes then I might go to all that trouble.

Lead Foot

:wink: You better stay anonymous throughout though unless you have an FCC license. You'd be breaking federal law and I'm sure a riled up LEO would push the point.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by insidercw3
    :wink: You better stay anonymous throughout though unless you have an FCC license. You'd be breaking federal law and I'm sure a riled up LEO would push the point.

why would he be breaking federal law?

Power User

As it is around here they can speed if they want. I would love for someone to come to my city and see they way officers drive. At times they have gone the wrong way down the road extremely high rates of speeds going to calls. Busting intersections on calls. They do it right in front of the media when we are there shooting. They don't care and know one is going to do a thing about it.

Here is the flip side. The city next to me is real strict on that kind of stuff. You have to be authorized code to go to a certain call. So, lets say there is a major accident. They dispatch 2 units. She will say unit 241 you are authorized code.

In my city if there is an accident with injuries and they dispatch 2 units you both run code. If there is an officer asking for an assist everyone runs code until he says reduce or the dispatcher says reduce.

There have been several deaths from officers hitting innocent people while going to calls and not suppose to be running code.