Banned

Default Ticket Month in Texas, MUST READ!!!

I got an e-mail from a friend and I was like WHAT!!! THIS IS BS!!

Dallas and the state of Texas will launch a 30-day speeding ticket
    frenzy. The state estimates that 9 million dollars will be generated in
    speeding tickets. 1 million will go to pay state troopers and Dallas
    Police officers overtime. There will be 50 police officers and state
    troopers in the Metroplex on duty at all times patrolling the 10 main
    intersections and highways. They are the following:
    I-35E north and south
    I-20 east and west
    75 north and south
    635 entire loop
    114 east and west
    183 east and west
    175 north and south
    North Dallas Tollway north and south
    George Bush Turnpike east and west
    360 north and south

Now 5 mph above the limit can justify a ticket and every officer is
    supposed to pull a car over and write a ticket every 10 minutes. They
    have issued 30 brand new unmarked Crown Victoria cruisers and they are
    bringing all their part timers on full time. If you work in Dallas or
    the surrounding areas you must take one of these interstates, routes,
    or parkways. It's up to you how fast you are doing when they do.
    WBAP-820 AM confirmed all of this yesterday morning.
    So be safe and don't forget speeding tickets are on you.

THIS IS PATHETIC, and you ask officers are tickets money generating for the state or for the safety of Drivers well they say that its for safety but this says other wise!!

Whats even more bogus is 5mph justifies a ticket!!! WHAT THE HELL!!

for those not in Texas WBAP-820 AM is a talk radio station and is a reliable for information!!

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: Ticket Month in Texas, MUST READ!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ford_Focus_05
    I got an e-mail from a friend and I was like WHAT!!! THIS IS BS!!
    How reliable are all the sources (that the radio got) on this... Have the police officials commented on this yet (it would seem to be a big story). Not saying that its not possible... it is very possible, it just seems odd for LEAgency's to broadcast such a thing... about the revenue side anyways. I mean NYST braodcasts its 'Click-it or ticket' week, but they say its all about safety(they also crack down on speeding more).

Dallas and the state of Texas will launch a 30-day speeding ticket
    frenzy. The state estimates that 9 million dollars will be generated in
    speeding tickets. 1 million will go to pay state troopers and Dallas
    Police officers overtime. There will be 50 police officers and state
    troopers in the Metroplex on duty at all times patrolling the 10 main
    intersections and highways. They are the following:
    I-35E north and south
    I-20 east and west
    75 north and south
    635 entire loop
    114 east and west
    183 east and west
    175 north and south
    North Dallas Tollway north and south
    George Bush Turnpike east and west
    360 north and south
    Then just take it easy for a month... (especially in those areas) it shouldnt be a death defying thing to go the speed limit. Your RD should help you out a lot... have fun.

Now 5 mph above the limit can justify a ticket and every officer is supposed to pull a car over and write a ticket every 10 minutes.
    Yeah going 5mph above the limit has ALWAYS justified a ticket... thats nothing new :roll:...I mean You are appalled they are enforcing the law.
    It isnt really possible for an officer to write a ticket every 10minutes... from the time an LEO targets someone and pulls someone over... to when they get the lisence/registration and insurence...check and run everything... fill out all the paperwork that goes along with a ticket (there is a lot) its just not possible. Maybe every 15-20 minutes... Not to mention if an officer issues that many tickets... they would be easy (much easier) to fight in court because what are the odds he would remember your specific ticket, and any of the surrounding circumstances? If he is supposed to issue 6tickets every hour... for lets say 5 hours each day, thats 30 tickets one would issue in one day... what are the odds he would remember anything about the 7th ticket he wrote that day?

THIS IS PATHETIC, and you ask officers are tickets money generating for the state or for the safety of Drivers well they say that its for safety but this says other wise!!
    It has long been established that tickets are more for revenue then safety... but it just hasn't been broadcasted as Texas seems to be doing.

Whats even more bogus is 5mph justifies a ticket!!! WHAT THE HELL!!
    Forbid LEO's should enforce the law. :roll: ... I mean they normally *give* you as a gift that 5 or 10 MPH then have had to... so yes it stinks, and you can bring up all sorts of arguements about how much safer is 5 over then 8 over... but they are still giving you 5MPH.

Come to Moravia NY, you get a ticket EVERYTIME for 3 over... no exceptions and 95% of the time for 2MPH over. (That is all the time...everywhere if the LEO clocks you) not for 1 month on certain streches of road.

BTW: When all this is going on whom is putting in over-time to catch the murderers, rapists, thieves, drug dealers, general scum of society? Honestly something doesnt sound right but whatever... if it is true they are simply enforcing the law and explaining its all about revenue which everyone already knew... Yet again it could just be propoganda to get people to slow down!

Power User

Now 5 mph above the limit can justify a ticket and every officer is
    supposed to pull a car over and write a ticket every 10 minutes. They
    have issued 30 brand new unmarked Crown Victoria cruisers and they are
    bringing all their part timers on full time
    First where did you get this information?

Yes, they can write 5 over. I know someone who got 2 over no joke. My dad a former officer said that was crazy and that my friend must have done something to piss the officer off. Any way back to this story. Suppsed to write a ticket every 10 min? I wouldn't say that is valid. You can do that sure. You could write more than that in 10 min. But to say hey you have to write one every 10 min. Also 30 Brand new unmarked cars. I don't know that to be true but I wouldn't doubt it. It is a new year and I bet with the money from the grants and what have you they may have done that. Also now bringing in all the part timers full time? Hmm, I want to see this article.

On a side note I have never encounterd Ka band in Dallas and recently on
    kingsley road my RX-65 did a good job picking out the instant on ka coming from a motor jock standing at the bottom of the hill. It was a Talon Ka.

Advanced Member

Its a hoax. Check out this link.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/traffic/newjersey.asp

99% of all email news items are fictious.

Good Citizen

Spankyaf beat me to it. This is garbage just like anything else that is forwarded to you in an email.

People - If you get something forwarded to you from an idiot friend / family member, please realize that 99% of the time it is a hoax. ESPECIALLY if it says "forward to everybody you know!" at the bottom. Also, take the time to educate your friend / family member (by sending them a link such as Spankyaf did from snopes.com) on why never to forward junk email.

Advanced Member

Yeah I hate these things it took me awhile to educate my 80 yr old Dad that email was not a credible news source

Radar Fanatic

i go that too, its probably an email thread....

send it to your friends and family hoping they will drive slower

i went out that friday night i got the email and i did not see any cops (FW-Dal ~I30)

Power User

Ok whats that yall get spam telling you about radar stuff going on. I would rather have that kind of spam e-mail.