Thread: Radar Gun Calibration
- 01-23-2006 08:58 PM #1ES13RavenGuest
Radar Gun Calibration
How often are Radar Guns supposed to be calibrated, according to the law?
- 01-23-2006 09:14 PM #2
- Join Date
- Jul 2005
I think before and after every shift. Outrun did any interview on two seperate cops and asked them alot of similar question. Go to his web site. The officer admits some officers dont calibrate their unit as often as they are supposed to..
- 01-23-2006 09:15 PM #3Originally Posted by ES13Raven
- 01-24-2006 12:33 AM #4
JimHow often are Radar Guns supposed to be calibrated, according to the law?
- 01-24-2006 02:10 AM #5ES13RavenGuest
So what exactly happens when the radar gun is out of calibration?
Say instead of 24.250 GHz, the gun is at 24.020....
What will his gun say if he clocks a car that is actually going 40mph?
- 01-24-2006 02:26 AM #6
And you can be sure that the little x50's tech mode display will not be reading the REAL feq's that the cop's gun really is calibrated to. I know this because i have many bell detector's that have tech mode and none of them read the same on the same false's ever.V1 .872
08 Nissan (G37) 370GT
Bose premium sounds in the car
My wish list :http://www.laser-interceptor.com/ind...d=43&Itemid=50
- 01-24-2006 02:27 AM #7ES13RavenGuestOriginally Posted by ghz1
- 01-24-2006 02:34 AM #8
CalSay instead of 24.250 GHz, the gun is at 24.020....
If the unit fails calibration, the officer should take the unit out of service
- 01-24-2006 02:38 AM #9ES13RavenGuest
I was just wondering... if he used a tuning fork for say 30mph, and his gun displays 40mph if that meant his 24.150 went up or down?
- 01-24-2006 05:57 AM #10
Originally Posted by ES13Raven
- Join Date
- Jul 2005
- Hong Kong
He said that even if the radar is out of tune it can still accurately measure your speed.
V1 3.825 EURO mode
- By swarga in forum EscortReplies: 3Last Post: 09-28-2010, 08:44 PM
- By justin81 in forum EscortReplies: 13Last Post: 01-09-2008, 08:33 PM
- By stamp4 in forum BeltronicsReplies: 7Last Post: 11-18-2007, 04:08 PM
- By SCjohn in forum Radar Detectors - GeneralReplies: 6Last Post: 08-16-2005, 06:03 PM