Thread: Radar Gun Calibration
- 01-23-2006 06:58 PM #1ES13RavenGuest
Radar Gun Calibration
How often are Radar Guns supposed to be calibrated, according to the law?
- 01-23-2006 07:14 PM #2
- Join Date
- Jul 2005
I think before and after every shift. Outrun did any interview on two seperate cops and asked them alot of similar question. Go to his web site. The officer admits some officers dont calibrate their unit as often as they are supposed to..
- 01-23-2006 07:15 PM #3Originally Posted by ES13Raven
- 01-23-2006 10:33 PM #4
JimHow often are Radar Guns supposed to be calibrated, according to the law?
- 01-24-2006 12:10 AM #5ES13RavenGuest
So what exactly happens when the radar gun is out of calibration?
Say instead of 24.250 GHz, the gun is at 24.020....
What will his gun say if he clocks a car that is actually going 40mph?
- 01-24-2006 12:26 AM #6
And you can be sure that the little Escort-8500-X50-Radar-Detector-p/x50.htm">x50's tech mode display will not be reading the REAL feq's that the cop's gun really is calibrated to. I know this because i have many bell detector's that have tech mode and none of them read the same on the same false's ever.V1 .893 LE connect.
Bel STI-R top of front grill (just lovely)
08 Nissan Skyline GT370 (G37)
- 01-24-2006 12:27 AM #7ES13RavenGuestOriginally Posted by ghz1
- 01-24-2006 12:34 AM #8
CalSay instead of 24.250 GHz, the gun is at 24.020....
If the unit fails calibration, the officer should take the unit out of service
- 01-24-2006 12:38 AM #9ES13RavenGuest
I was just wondering... if he used a tuning fork for say 30mph, and his gun displays 40mph if that meant his 24.150 went up or down?
- 01-24-2006 03:57 AM #10
Originally Posted by ES13Raven
- Join Date
- Jul 2005
- Hong Kong
He said that even if the radar is out of tune it can still accurately measure your speed.
V1 3.825 EURO mode
- By swarga in forum EscortReplies: 3Last Post: 09-28-2010, 06:44 PM
- By justin81 in forum EscortReplies: 13Last Post: 01-09-2008, 06:33 PM
- By stamp4 in forum BeltronicsReplies: 7Last Post: 11-18-2007, 02:08 PM
- By SCjohn in forum Radar Detectors - GeneralReplies: 6Last Post: 08-16-2005, 04:03 PM