When I drive anywhere for any sort of distance I set my cruise control between 1 @ 8MPH over posted limit normally. This has worked very well for me as it is a nice middle ground between the grannies and the lead foots.
So it is pretty obvious as to where this is going...I got a ticket. You can read the details of how I got the newest ticket in the link below. As you can guess, I am pretty pissed about it due to the circumstances. I haven't had a speeding ticket in 8 years. That ticket 8 years ago was for 36 in a in 25 on a dirt road in the middle of a field that runs next to a cotton field (no houses no nothing just wide open field on a blistering hot day in the south).
So I have a few questions...
0. Any suggestions to explain to a cop that he doesn't know how to use his equipment or he clocked the wrong person to avoid a ticket? In a PC way obviously for future encounters
1. Radar detector suggestions. I have read that the V1 is one of the best if not the best one out there. would there be any other recommendations?
2. Laser Jammer - I have read that it varies greatly on what car you drive what color it is etc. What would you suggest for an 08 Lexus IS. I read something about "Laser Interceptor Generation 8 DUAL Laser Jammer" being one of the better ones.
front picture -http://www.motortrend.com/auto_shows/coverage/sema/112_2008_sema_show_coverage/photo_204.html
3. Laser Jammer rear coverage. Would you just install an additional one? It isn't that clear in the FAQ.
4. How much does this usually cost? How much cutting and drilling will need to be done on the bumper to have this stuff installed.
5. I do live in a state where laser jammers are legal in (Alabama). Obviously they probably won't look to favorable on me if they see it but if I did get pulled over could they compound my car for some stupid reason? I would assume no as it is "legal" but I didn't think I was going to have a cop give me a ticket for something I wasn't even doing.
I am basing some judgements off of stuff like this that the Laser Jammers do work this well...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwY0g...eature=related or is this faked some how?
Suggestions on where to buy this stuff?
Obviously a radar/laser jammer won't prevent what went on below and I understand that. It also probably doesn't look good to be coming and asking questions about laser and radar detectors and does make me look as if I was indeed going what the cop indicated. However I am pissed right now and any advantage I can get over this bull**** I will take.
I haven't had a speeding ticket in 8 years. That ticket was for 36 in a in a 25 on a dirt road in the middle of a field that runs next to a cotton field. In the past 8 years I have been pulled over twice before today. 1 was insurance checks at a 4 way stop and 1 was when I was driving home with my car. I had bought the car used from a guy in a different state and drove it back. I was told by my local court office that I had 7 days and as long as I had the bill of sale, title and proof of insurance I would be ok. Cop stops me says he never heard of that and issues me a ticket. I contest it and the judge through it out. No harm no foul in that case.
But what prompted this whole thing was this..
Sorry if this was a double post but it wouldn't let me post this for some reason under a different section.