Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    ES13Raven

Default Detecting Ka.... GOL Test

Thanks to the GOL, we now have another question answered...

Ka 35.5 GHz is the hardest Ka to detect (Kustom, Decatur)

Ka 33.8 GHz is the 2nd hardest to detect (MPH)

Ka 34.7 GHz is the easiest Ka to detect (Stalker)

Good job guys

Advanced Member

I seem to have the most trouble detecting the Stalker ATR when the NY troopers are using sharp angles

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Advanced Member

That was the case with these particular radar units, but might not necessarily always be the case. Here's the specifications for the output power of the units we used:

Enforcer
    12-30 mW nominal
    50 mW Maximum

Stalker
    10 mW minimum
    25 mW nominal
    50 mW maximum

Talon
    15 mW typical
    25 mW maximum

So in general, the Talon has less output power than the other two units that we used. I am sure antenna design plays a big role as well.

Jim

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by jimbonzzz
    That was the case with these particular radar units, but might not necessarily always be the case
    Well said. To begin with I would not say my great 985 has anything on these newer units, but I recieved a confirmed blip of Ka 35.5 over one mile away, then again it was in a area full of building. So case in point, for LOS we can expect great range, it is these angles that causes trouble for us. Each detector performs deferently in different situations, further proof that not one detector can provide full proof perfect performance maximum range all the time. That being said, top 3, top 4, whatever, but you buy the best you get the best.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by amoney
    That was the case with these particular radar units, but might not necessarily always be the case
    Well said. To begin with I would not say my great 985 has anything on these newer units, but I recieved a confirmed blip of Ka 35.5 over one mile away, then again it was in a area full of building. So case in point, for LOS we can expect great range, it is these angles that causes trouble for us. Each detector performs deferently in different situations, further proof that not one detector can provide full proof perfect performance maximum range all the time. That being said, top 3, top 4, whatever, but you buy the best you get the best.
    Yeah that is a good point, everything really depends on (each certain) circumstance.

Good Citizen

Jim, what was the distance that the radar guns actually read the speed of the cars? In other words, how many seconds after an alert would you have before your speed was registered in your setup at GOL?

Lead Foot

That was the case with these particular radar units, but might not necessarily always be the case. Here's the specifications for the output power of the units we used:

Enforcer
    12-30 mW nominal
    50 mW Maximum

Stalker
    10 mW minimum
    25 mW nominal
    50 mW maximum

Talon
    15 mW typical
    25 mW maximum

So in general, the Talon has less output power than the other two units that we used. I am sure antenna design plays a big role as well.

Jim
    Wow, that is some serious power output vs our Multanovas 0,5mW to 0,2mW!...

Founder of Stealthvation

Quote Originally Posted by Beeej259
    Jim, what was the distance that the radar guns actually read the speed of the cars? In other words, how many seconds after an alert would you have before your speed was registered in your setup at GOL?
    We never noted that or even paid attention. Maybe on the next test we can do this. All this test was about was PURE perfromance
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    Quote Originally Posted by Beeej259
    We never noted that or even paid attention. Maybe on the next test we can do this. All this test was about was PURE perfromance
    Happy, how many runs were done on each detecor/gun? Did you do multiple then average them, or only one per gun due to time constraints?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by lordhamster
    Happy, how many runs were done on each detecor/gun? Did you do multiple then average them, or only one per gun due to time constraints?
    Basically only one run each detector. Of course we would start the run over if any other vehicles entered the test course etc etc.

If we did multiple runs, we would publish all of the results and let you guys do the averaging :wink: