Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default Still a x50 fan regardless of GOL test results.

Personally my x50 best ka range on a real speed trap has been from 1.5 miles away on ka and 2.1 miles on k band. So if the V1 and rx65 would have gave me a 1.8 mile warning on ka and would have gave me 2:57 min of warning time befor passing the LEO and the x50 gave me 1.5 miles of warning time which gave me 3 min of warning time before passing the LEO clocking cars, should I really be concern that the x50 has ka problems. If the V1 gave me a 2.3 warning on a k band trap that took 3.58 befor crossing the LEO and my x50 gave a 2.1 mile warning that gave me 4 min before passing the LEO should I feel concern that the V1 came out ontop. If my x50 gave me 4min of warning time from 2 miles away from the LEO and the Sti gave a 1.5 mile warning that gave you 3min of warning time before passing the LEO means that the Sti k band "lacks"? If the V1 and x50 has better laser detection than the rx65. Does that make the V1 that much better by telling you, your about to get a ticket before the x50 andrx65 would? So when you add the features it evens up the board alot I would say. But when you really look at the numbers, seconds only seprate these top 4. So if all the top 4 are given us 3 and 4 min of warning time before the LEO is a threat who cares that one gives you 2 seconds of warning time before the other. But nobody wants to belive that so will continue saying" mines better than yours!"

Radar Fanatic

agree. i still love my x50. and everyone else can still love their v1.rx65, or STi. as long as we all still get 1+ mile on every band, who cares . ill be honest though, if i can save up some money i might be tempted to buy a V1 3.826, just cuz ive personally never owned a V1 and cuz it performs awesome. well see though.

Founder of Stealthvation

X50 is still one heck of a detector. I still have mine
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Radar Fanatic

its a great detector, my friend wont let go of his original 8500

If it works dont change it!

or

If it works...buy more! I want an RX 65!

Yoda of Radar

Yeah the X50 is by all means a top detector... especially in the most widely used K-band (the majority of police radar today look how 'well' it did there). I think instead of the 'Top 3' now we have the 'Top 4'. Again in real life situations the X50 can get 1+mile range easily(and often) on any band.

Also as I have said before the GOL did not test the results of X50 models in general (as they did with the RX65, V1, STi)... they only tested the capabilities of a single X50 on each test(band)- at least from the given data so far (we rushed them a bit)

Due to manufacturer variance among RD's it really doesnt give a good representation of a the probable performance you can expect from an X50, you simply dont know if tested was a 'good' X50 (meaning thats the best you can expect from any batch of X50's) or if it was a 'bad' X50 (meaning its probably the least capable of X50 batches) or was it an 'average' X50 (meaning you can probabley expect something around a certain raneg give or take.
    Again all testing a single detector of a model shows is basically only what that certain *single* detector can do... and due to manufacturer variance it gives no 'average platform' for a person to build and expect probable results from...(Since more then V1,Sti, RX65 were tested you could average things out to get what one would expect to be the 'average' capablities of a detector [not to mention the 'highest' results you expect to see and the 'lowest'] showing a full spectrum of what to expect).

And again the GOL members admited that the test was certainly NOT representative of 'every' real-world situation you would encounter... it was more-a-less "a worst case scenerio, if that"

Radar Fanatic

well i'm sure you heard this before but laser detection can help,

v1/rx-65 + veil & lasershield + jammer, lets you know how long you are being targetted for by the lidar, unless your jammer has this function already (if there is such a thing?). but laser detection can help , GoL did a test on it in the 05 shootout using just veil w/o a jammer to see if the vechile could slow down in time. IMO you can't count laser detection out ...

Radar Fanatic

all my laser eperiences have been awesome with my x50. its picked all of em up, even when it was being help up by my sun visor and the laser head was pretty much covered.

Radar Fanatic

The x50 makes an excellent backup detector for when your top 3 unit is in for upgrades STI, RX65, V1.

Radar Fanatic

yeah when i had the X50 i was alerted for laser all the time

i did mount low... no tickets with the X50!

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by TeamQuack
    well i'm sure you heard this before but laser detection can help,

v1/rx-65 + veil & lasershield + jammer, lets you know how long you are being targetted for by the lidar, unless your jammer has this function already (if there is such a thing?). but laser detection can help , GoL did a test on it in the 05 shootout using just veil w/o a jammer to see if the vechile could slow down in time. IMO you can't count laser detection out ...
    The X50 laser detection helps (and the V1 is outlandish... STi supposidly also)

I have a Red(rather dark) 1st generation Eagle Talon with flip-up/down headlights, and without the front plate on (or in NYS with veil and lasershield I may very well get a few second warning) just to due to color/profile of my car with good a good Radar/(Laser) detector (however I dont expect it). A jammer provides laser protection, a RD(LD) detection.

I would love to see how well my car does against LIDAR (and just a detector) and no jammer... except I would NOT want to find out under 'real-life' situations via ticket