Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anti Radar clear EMI film - helps eliminate radar signature

I was reading how the stealth aircraft use a gold film on their windshields to reflect the radar into space. Otherwise the radar enters the cabin through the glass and reflects back. So the theory behind this, is to put a clear reflective material over your windshield and therefore the radar waves are reflected up and not back to the gun. This should help reduce your overall radar signature and help make you more stealthy along with other counter measures.

What do you guys think? I say every little bit helps.

I have not checked their prices (below) or what kind of film this is. seeing how it is aviation technology, I am sure it is very expensive.

There may also bee something else out there that is cheaper.

http://www.saint-gobain-sully.com/GB...ical/index.asp

Anti radar (EMI)

Glass and plastic transparencies allow microwave energy to enter aircraft cockpits, where flat metal surfaces become major sources of radar reflection back to the radar antenna. Making the transparencies reflective for radar beams considerably reduces the radar cross-section since, because of the transparency slopes, the incident microwaves are reflected to other directions. To get this shielding effect, Saint-Gobain Sully proposes conductive coating for transparencies.

Power User

Maybe GOL can convience them to give a free sample for testing, if it works out they will have another consumer market.

Lead Foot

I think you will KILL your radar detection having this film on your windows. I have not read about this film but I would assume it is LESS BENEFICIAL then BENEFICIAL.

bogey

Radar Fanatic

That's only going to be useful if the rest of the car is completely stealthed-out. On anything but an F117 or a B2 I doubt you would notice much of an effect.

Speed Demon

I think it might be worth a try, with the caveat that you'd have to either remote-mount the RD or leave clear a small area directly in front of it. Heck, if it doesn't work out you can always melt it down into a ring for your sweetie.

Power User

Good point I did not think it through, but as said if this stuff really worked, you can have external mounted detector such as the Beltronics 75?, would be cool to have a passive stealth car regardless of how it looks, imagine driving with out a care of LEO, oh but what about that dam laser, oh yeah, Lidatek, Blinder or even better AL6 to the rescue!

ES13Raven

Quote Originally Posted by bogey
    I think you will KILL your radar detection having this film on your windows.
    Yeah, it sounds like it would bounce off of your windshield and that would mean less detection ability.

Power User

Just race the Gumball in a new 2006 Corvette Z06. It is pretty stealthy(moreso than other cars at least) to radar.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by stealthJamal
    Just race the Gumball in a new 2006 Corvette Z06. It is pretty stealthy(moreso than other cars at least) to radar.
    and it's extremely fast and extremely cheap (for the performance at least... ooh 500 horsepower )

Maybe you can stick in a 620hp 572R in there. You'd have to forget about putting the hood back on though, and you'd burn through the gas tank pretty quickly (what is a 572 anyway, like 9,6 litres?!)

Default hmmm

A wonder here. If a coating were placed that could be angled to the point of never forward reflecting...you would have the silliest looking var on the planet, and then never drive it and never get a ticket!
    This stuff might be the solution for all of us! ;-)

The issue here is tinting the windshield. No way by law.
    What if there was a device to redirect the radar back 5 times what is sent to you??? would the gun not freak out?

If we played mirror split trickery in a passive manner and simply divided and divided and divided again with mirrors and then sent it back exponentially with only passive behavior? would we need to amplify the signal though? if the mirrors could be kept perfectly clean...maybe a thick version of the silly strip at the top of some (most) fart can machines? Radar is a big dumby.... the beams are everywhere.

HAs someone tried it already?