Good Citizen

Default How Does This Setup Sound

I am currently awaiting shipment of a C6 Metallic Silver Corvette. After reading many threads on this board I am considering the following when the car arrives.

1. Beltronics STI detector to be mounted on a rear view mirror adapter. I live in Virginia so a detector that is low or no leakage is a definite plus.

2. A blinder 20 laser jammer mounted with the two heads at the ends of the air intake at the front of the car. The air intake is in the middle of the front body work of the car at a height about equal to the middle of the front wheels extending about 75% across the front cross section. This would seem to cover the whole forward part of the car excluding the windshield.

Any comments or criticism would be appreciated.

Yoda of Radar

I like it! I would have gone with a black Vette, but hey, as they say, "All Corvettes are Red"

Professional

i agree, black would have been better, but hey, its still an awesome car!

sounds good to me. but you forgot veil! thats a must on any car. you wont be putting on a front plate, will you?

always make sure when you get hit with laser to get down to the posted limit and turn off the jammer somewhat quickly. dont do it too quickly or slam on your breaks at night becuase then its a sure sign that you have detection/jamming equipment. just coast down or upshift and let your car slow itself down

Professional

I would also add Veil if this is a new one since they no longer have pop up lights.

Good Citizen

Black may be better for laser absorption but unless your hobby is washing cars a black anything is a real pain. I know. My tow truck for the race car trailer is black. After washing it looks dirty in about 15 minutes.

With respect to using Veil. I really don't understand why this is appropriate. Yes the beam intensity at long distances is less and a jammers output will be dispersed but the LIDAR's reflected signal is also less so not as much jamming power to the gun should be required. Seems to me either these janmers work or they don't. If they are ineffective in jamming a gun that can track you the jammers need more power output. I can understand that for some vehicles with large frontal area it may not be possible to cover all the area with the jammer but in my case this should not be a problem I would think. I very well may be mistaken about this.

It just goes against the grain to paint something over a nice clear surface such as the headlights and fog lights. License plate would be O.K. BTW a front plate is required around here.

Professional

problem with the new c6's is the headlights are not flip down. the reason old corvettes could get 200-400ft with veil only and no plate is becuase there isnt any reflectivity from the headlights becuase they are flipped down. if you ever saw results with the headlights up, it was between 600-800ft. i'd imagine it to be similar on the c6 with no veil.

vs

thats a lot more reflection than the c5

just my two cents

Advanced Member

VEIL is needed if you are going to use a Blinder M20...some of the newer jammers will not really need VEIL with them but VEIL helps soooo much

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Good Citizen

many times a jammer can't jam over distances of 1000 feet. With VEIL on your headlights the gun will not get a reading at all, unless you are very close to the gun

When VEIL is applied on your headlights and an officer targets your car, the actual laser gun makes no sound since the VEIL absorbs the lidar signal. This may indicate to the officer that his gun is not working right and will give even more time to slow down as he checks his equipment.

There are some video clips of an Mitsu Evo and some other cars with and without VIEL on the forum somewhere, I'm just too lazy to find them. VEIL is worth the little it costs compared to a ticket. Do some searching and see the difference yourself.