Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Best K band

  1. #1
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Albany NY
    Posts
    612

    Default Best K band

    What detector would you say has the best K AND Ka band detection? I know that the RX65 has a little bit better Ka but which detector has the highest range on both k and ka?

    1-X50

    2-RX65

    3-V1

  2. #2
    Founder of Stealthvation
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    11,174

    Default

    Look at our last two radar results at www.guysoflidar.com
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.


    http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/


    LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!











    You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!










    buyradardetectors rocks!

  3. #3
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Albany NY
    Posts
    612

    Default

    For some reason my firefox doesnt let me open the GOL site. So I was wondering if someone could tell me?

  4. #4

  5. #5
    Yoda of Radar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    11,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    Look at our last two radar results at www.guysoflidar.com
    X2, Don't let people tell you what has the best protection and decide from there... form your own ideas (but remember just because one detector does good under one set of circumstances, it doesnt really gaurentee the outcome would be the same in every situation/circumstance, there are just to many variables, and the 'TOP 3(4)' detectors are all just that close.)

    IMO the X50&V1 have always had the superior K band protection.

    Ka band really depends greatly on the (radar unit).

  6. #6
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    SoCal - OC Style
    Posts
    2,479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Radar 4 Ever
    For some reason my firefox doesnt let me open the GOL site. So I was wondering if someone could tell me?
    He put the wrong link by accident. It's http://www.guysoflidar.com

    It works in Firefox.

    -Obsidian-

  7. #7
    Yoda of Radar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    11,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbonzzz
    Hmmm strange, I wonder why, anyone else have trouble in FireFox? Works OK here...
    Yeah it works fine on FireFox for me.

  8. #8
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Albany NY
    Posts
    612

    Default

    For thoes that have the X50 how fast do you usually speed over the limit and feel safe that your RD will save your a$$ while driving around in the city?

  9. #9
    Power User
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Radar 4 Ever
    For thoes that have the X50 how fast do you usually speed over the limit and feel safe that your RD will save your a$$ while driving around in the city?
    It depends on what city your in and how smart the cops are there. I don't usually speed in the city because most of the roads are not open enough and too many pedestrians to permit safe speeding. Maybe on an expressway through a city would be a good place to speed depending on the conditions.

  10. #10
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    northern cali/reno nevada
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Radar 4 Ever
    For thoes that have the X50 how fast do you usually speed over the limit and feel safe that your RD will save your a$$ while driving around in the city?
    thats a good question.. i like to do 20-50 over on my bike (as long as i can do it safely :wink: ) and i need somthing that can pick it up quick.

    does anyone make an amplifier for radar detectors? perhaps if they made a detector that ran off 120v and you got a power convertor for your
    vehicle?.. someone needs to make this.. 8)

    -Quinc

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-17-2007, 07:16 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •