Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: damn troopers

Speed Demon

Default damn troopers

damn troopers turn your "instant on" off when your driving in the city!!!

As soon as I got a "pulse" alert from the trooper today, I then got an Instant on K9. Why would it change from pulse to ka9?

Radar Fanatic

what do you mean turn your instant-on off? cuz instant-on is off until the trooped hits the trigger, gets a lock, and lets go.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by A-TownNavi
    what do you mean turn your instant-on off? cuz instant-on is off until the trooped hits the trigger, gets a lock, and lets go.
    whats the diffrence between laser and instant on?

Radar Fanatic

laser=laser. instant-on=radar

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by Radar 4 Ever
    Not much in terms of result, but laser is infrared light and radar is microwave frequency. Laser is never left on, but always used in an instant-on sort of way, I guess. The term "Instant-On" is only used to refer to radar, though, which can also be used in a constant-on (radar) mode.

Power User

Default Re: *BEEP* troopers

*BEEP* troopers turn your "instant on" off when your driving in the city!!!

As soon as I got a "pulse" alert from the trooper today, I then got an Instant on K9. Why would it change from pulse to ka9?
    Chances are that your Whistler did not detect the full extent of the radar signal and that is why you get different alerts. Don't blame the LEO. These RD although advance are still pretty crude devices if you think about it. It is just the same difference when someone gets POP alerts and regular alerts back and forth, it does not mean that a LEO is using POP. Its a RD and at that point like yours, its basicly making a best guess. Like flipping a coin, but useing statistical analysis to determine the exact nature of the signal. And going by chance, sometimes it (RD) can be incorrect. Especially picking up weak or inconsistant signals!!!

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by o2bad455
    Not much in terms of result, but laser is infrared light and radar is microwave frequency. Laser is never left on, but always used in an instant-on sort of way, I guess. The term "Instant-On" is only used to refer to radar, though, which can also be used in a constant-on (radar) mode.
    When a LEO is using Laser he has to look into the gun and target your car right? so this is pretty much only used on highways?

how is instant on used? like i just found out a LEO cant drive with it on?? i dont really know. some help if you can...

Professional

When a LEO is using Laser he has to look into the gun and target your car right? so this is pretty much only used on highways?

how is instant on used? like i just found out a LEO cant drive with it on?? i dont really know. some help if you can...
    To your laser questions, yes and no. Laser is aimed manually through a sight, but it can easily be used on urban surface streets, and I have seen it used in such a fashion.

Instant-on is aim, click, ticket. Rookies and officers who don't care will either leave their radar in constant-on or shoot indiscriminately, but an officer who is motivated to catch speeders and know what he's doing will hide his car and only tag drivers going significantly faster than traffic. It's a deadly tool when used properly.

Yoda of Radar

An important thing that I think was left out. In order for the trooper anuses to use it, they MUST be stationary......

Power User

Although probably answered above I will give my spin on it.

This is the remote for the stalker dual. Example lets say an officer is sitting in the middle of the road and you are coming toward him on the other side of the road. So, yall are facing each other. Now 3 miles back he didnt want you picking up his radar so he has it in hold mode. Look on the pic. When he sees you and knows he can get your speed he will then hit the button which will transmit (xmit). He then has your speed. It's kinda like turning the radar on and off. So that is instant on. Just like it sounds.

Laser is a whole different story but. That beam is super small. He can transmit that succer all day long and 95 % of the time you are not going to pick it up until you get hit. All he does is look through the scope.

When he has you in his sight he pulls the trigger and in about .3 to .4 seconds he has your speed. That is why you need a laser jammer.

Hope this helps.