Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Experienced

Default I'm new, not sure how to say this...

Could IR emitters be mounted inside the headlamp housings? It seems to me that cops target the headlights, so why not use the parabolic reflectors to OUR advantage?

I'm imagining 'bulbs' or 'capsules' that would turn any headlights or driving lights into laser jammers.

Some modern cars have very large volume headlight assemblies that can be taken apart with heat. (you stick it in the oven) That might allow existing products to be mounted in a protected/stealthy spot.

Another way would be to drill a hole in the headlight case, I guess.

I'm new and I might have used the wrong terms for some stuff, so cut me some slack. I'm trying to help.

Advanced Member

I dont think anybody has done this ...yet. The current jammer heads are pretty large although Lidatek is smallish. The next generation of jammers are suposed to be so sensitive that they dont need a direct hit to fire.

But the idea may have merit as a stealth install since legislation is more restrictive on laser jammers.

Speed Demon

Since LEOs normally target headlights and/or front plate, the detector portion of the jammer should be located close to those positions. As far as the emitter portions, location is much less important than direction (aim). In addition, the glass headlight lens will normally attenuate both received and emitted signals, so inside a headlight may actually be a poor choice.

Power User

Default Re: I'm new, not sure how to say this...

Quote Originally Posted by aspera
    Could IR emitters be mounted inside the headlamp housings? It seems to me that cops target the headlights, so why not use the parabolic reflectors to OUR advantage?

I'm imagining 'bulbs' or 'capsules' that would turn any headlights or driving lights into laser jammers.

Some modern cars have very large volume headlight assemblies that can be taken apart with heat. (you stick it in the oven) That might allow existing products to be mounted in a protected/stealthy spot.

Another way would be to drill a hole in the headlight case, I guess.

I'm new and I might have used the wrong terms for some stuff, so cut me some slack. I'm trying to help.
    I thouht of this as well. If one has two seperate bulbs one for low beam what is it 9006? or somehting like that and high beam 9007?, you can do some simple rewire if you really want to and put a H4 (dual filament bulb) so one bulb does both low and high (if you realy need high beam, it is important unless one upgrades to HID for the lows). Then you have an empty bulb socket (high beam) and it would be neat to take a diode and stick it in that socket. I believe it would work. If I ever have the money to burn I will try it in a heart beat!

Banned

i think all u guys are on to somehting :wink:

Professional

About the output of bulbs the infrared emitted are not modulated , so thereof little help because the gun are built to accomodate any level of ir light un-modulated , likely the sun shooting thousands time stronger with no effect at all the police laser .... :cry:

I tought about it and it could be easyly done on a Endeavor headlight.

From a stealth point of view the installation would be quasi-perfect , the way the headlight of the mitsu is built there is a gap to fit a m-20 and shooting the jamming beam on the focusing mirror , the diodes facing contrary to the road .

I agree with you , the advantage would be an increase reflection of the jamming ray .

Hard to draw for a non-Picasso :

Good Citizen

That is one hell of an idea! I really like the idea of installing the heads in the headlight pod. They would be protected from the eliments and since its illegal to have a jammer here its stealthy as can be.

Like amoney said remove the highbeam bulbs and install the heads and remove the low beams and install the dual filament bulbs.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by Iknox
    Close...more like: i think all u guys are on somehting :wink:

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by HighVoltage
    Quote Originally Posted by Iknox
    Close...more like: i think all u guys are on somehting :wink:
    Would be nice if the manufacture could save us the trouble, obviously from the start, this would be more expensive, because of both L and R sides, but the coverage would be awsome.

Just would like to point out that the reflectors would be no help, that was not the intent (when I thought of the idea) because the high beam bulb, if you look closely is not shielded with a reflector like the low beam, the low beam is, and reflects back to the refelector housing and thus shines.

The high beam socket, or bulb is more or less just direct, you can see the bulb in its entireity. So the the jammer, the diode, just faces streight forward. Now about it having to go through the lamp housing that is a interesting question if performance is the same.

For than matter why not just mount the jammer behind the front windshield?

The main reason I also thought of it was for stealth, there is no way a cop will find it, but what about the sensor, I did not think about it being able to also fit in the plug socket. The reason why I dismised my idea for a full stealth install.

Anyway I am glad I am not the only one thought that this is possible.

And as far as the low beam, people could just sufice with just having that, but I don't know, although at first it does not seem important, afterwards, I decided I would still like to keep that feature, I for one need it. A H4 bulb would be easy to substitute, again a little rewire work but do able.

Scratonicity Groupie

Well here is my one concern - I know I could just take the cover off of my blinder and leave the LED's exposed then place it in my headlight without any problems. However, would the housing of the headlight cause of an adverse reflection?

If one did this it would leave the middle part of your car exposed unless you had an M-30.

If it can be confirmed that the headlight housing its self will not effect the jammer I'll give it a shot