Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Experienced

Default Cobra XT-1000 Drone

Found an old thread on this but it was closed...

Anyone use one of these? If you search eBay they're selling cheaper than bushnells and I think they put out a way stronger signal. I am planning on getting a bushnell and/or one of these. It'd have to be wired with an on/off switch since i dont think itcomes with one.

I find it funny that their purpose is to slow down RD users but it is made by Cobra. Maybe cobra is more about slowing people down so they are actually in the radar drone business and make crappy RDs on the side, knowing they don't work.

Also what frequency do bushnells operate on?

Experienced

Default Re: Cobra XT-1000 Drone

What's the legality of these things?

Professional

Last edited by speeddemon; 09-20-2011 at 11:20 PM.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud_9 View Post
    What's the legality of these things?
    Ya that's another thing I'm wondering. Search for the name of it and there was a site I found that is selling them (trafficsafety.org or something) and said something like professional use only. Also they are about 360 new

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by speeddemon View Post
    Looks like its a safety alert transmitter to be mounted on an emergency vehicle k band most likely
    Ya its for that and construction zones etc. 24.150 and its a pretty strong signal as I've run into these drones on the hwy with my V1 and Redline. Not sure how strong the bushnell is. Don't know that it matters to me since ill be seeing the car and hopefully the drivers face that I'm shooting

Professional

Last edited by speeddemon; 09-20-2011 at 11:20 PM.

Good Citizen

http://compare.ebay.com/like/3504706...=sbar&_lwgsi=y

Googled it and found this. Wonder if its legit?

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by pilot_corey View Post
    http://compare.ebay.com/like/3504706...=sbar&_lwgsi=y

Googled it and found this. Wonder if its legit?
    Ya I don't know the seller looks legit but doesn't seem to know much about it. The price seems super low

Smile Re: Cobra XT-1000 Drone

Hi Guys, Yes these drones have about 1 mile range of K band radar, if you use a cobra it will nag you with either a train alert or emergency vehicle approaching. I live in El Paso Texas, and the local school district has 2 of these drones mounted on each school bus in its entire fleet. Kinda sucks if you run a radar detector here cuz your always bombarded with k band all the time from every which way. I had to turn off k band on my v1 after a while cuz it was so annoying. I once in a while activate my drone I have in my personal vehicle just for kicks, but once again they do have good range if you want to set off peoples radar unit.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by coco17 View Post
    Hi Guys, Yes these drones have about 1 mile range of K band radar, if you use a cobra it will nag you with either a train alert or emergency vehicle approaching. I live in El Paso Texas, and the local school district has 2 of these drones mounted on each school bus in its entire fleet. Kinda sucks if you run a radar detector here cuz your always bombarded with k band all the time from every which way. I had to turn off k band on my v1 after a while cuz it was so annoying. I once in a while activate my drone I have in my personal vehicle just for kicks, but once again they do have good range if you want to set off peoples radar unit.
    When I looked up the specs on this particular unit, it operates on k band 24.150 so no emergency message, just k band cop radar.