Thread: Help me chose

Default Help me chose

Hey everyone, I need help chosing between radar detectors. I can get a 9500ix for 200 locally which I thought was a good deal. Then I realized it was stupid because I live in VA and I don't want to risk getting caught, I would be super paranoid. So then I was looking at the STI because I know that is undetectable. Is that 100% true? What is the difference between sti and stir +? What do you think is best for me? I am new to radar detectors.
    Thanks

Speed Demon

Default Re: Help me chose

You are correct, in VA you want a detector with the M3 antenna so it can't be detected. STi Driver and Redline are the window units you can select or the 9500ci or STi R Plus are the remote units you can select.

The Redline is a better window unit than the STi Driver, it is more sensitive and will detect at a longer range.

The STi R Plus is better than the 9500 ci because it can be made more responsive by adjusting the settings, it is less expensive, and you can opt in or out of the laser jammer with it. Most on the forum choose a different jammer (we can discuss if you choose to jam).

The STi R Plus is more sensitive than the STi Driver, adds GPS, and can be made more responsive than the Driver when settings are adjusted (RDR off and band segmentation). The Plus is more expensive but would be my first choice in VA.

Hope this helps.

Ok thanks a lot! Clears things up. Now when you say undectectable that means nothing a cop will ever have will detect it, right? I then only have to worry about a cop seeing it in my window..
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vette6893 View Post
    You are correct, in VA you want a detector with the M3 antenna so it can't be detected. STi Driver and Redline are the window units you can select or the 9500ci or STi R Plus are the remote units you can select.

The Redline is a better window unit than the STi Driver, it is more sensitive and will detect at a longer range.

The STi R Plus is better than the 9500 ci because it can be made more responsive by adjusting the settings, it is less expensive, and you can opt in or out of the laser jammer with it. Most on the forum choose a different jammer (we can discuss if you choose to jam).

The STi R Plus is more sensitive than the STi Driver, adds GPS, and can be made more responsive than the Driver when settings are adjusted (RDR off and band segmentation). The Plus is more expensive but would be my first choice in VA.

Hope this helps.