Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Experienced

Default Re: what is the best radar?

I would agree a refurb RX65 is a lot of bang for the buck. You could also check local big cities on craigslist for used V1s. A lot of people buy a RD and sell it for 1/2 when the novelty wears off. Just be patient. Saving a little money just by going with a cobra is probably going to cost you big time in the end so don't do it.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by jlopshire View Post
    I am looking for a new radar around the price range of $100,
    The only semi-decent detector in that range is the BEL V940. I think you can still get one for around $120.

However, I'll agree with the others - - - save your pennies and get a real detector. Welcome aboard!

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by randypk View Post
    Thanks for all the pOsts. I am thinking about the v1, my dad has one for his 2009m3 and the arrows are just amazing. For that 350 price range is there any better detector than the v1?
    No, nothing is better in that range ($350) than the V1
    X2

Radar Fanatic

I just read it to see if you were buying a radar or a radar detector.

Speed Demon

The best radar, in my opinion is the Stalker DSR.

Lead Foot

I like the Bee 3 myself, followed by the Talon Directional.

Quote Originally Posted by fire65 View Post
    Sorry, I meant radar detector. But thanks for all the info now that everyone is telling me it's worth going up in the long run. I'm thinking about going with the v1. Which looks to be around 350-400. If I'm going that high, is there any radar detector you guys believe is better?

Experienced

I love my V1. I had a low end Whistler for years; it was a good detector for me, but the V1 is a beast. If you have experience with a V1 and drop to a lower end detector, I think you will be disappointed.

I have never used one, but if I was going to buy a RD for $200 it would be the refurb RX-65. I agree with VanMan. I think this is a really good deal, and honestly, I don't know that anything touches it for another $200+.

The only detectors (not including the $1700 9500ci) that really compete with the V1 are the Redline ($500 or around that), and the STiR+ ($1300?). So if you are willing to spend the $400, the V1 IMO is the winner.

Sorry, I meant radar detector. But thanks for all the info now that everyone is telling me it's worth going up in the long run. I'm thinking about going with the v1. Which looks to be around 350-400. If I'm going that high, is there any radar detector you guys believe is better?

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by dr_King View Post
    I would agree a refurb RX65 is a lot of bang for the buck. You could also check local big cities on craigslist for used V1s. A lot of people buy a RD and sell it for 1/2 when the novelty wears off. Just be patient. Saving a little money just by going with a cobra is probably going to cost you big time in the end so don't do it.
    DO NOT BUY OFF CRAIGSLIST He might as well go steal the thing himself!

Best radar for $100 is bushnell , Ask the cobra driver I got yesterday lol.

There is NO radar detector better in that range. Hell at $400 its the best unless you go up in price, then you gain/lose features.

Quote Originally Posted by comno6 View Post
    I love my V1. I had a low end Whistler for years; it was a good detector for me, but the V1 is a beast. If you have experience with a V1 and drop to a lower end detector, I think you will be disappointed.

I have never used one, but if I was going to buy a RD for $200 it would be the refurb RX-65. I agree with VanMan. I think this is a really good deal, and honestly, I don't know that anything touches it for another $200+.

The only detectors (not including the $1700 9500ci) that really compete with the V1 are the Redline ($500 or around that), and the STiR+ ($1300?). So if you are willing to spend the $400, the V1 IMO is the winner.

The new firmware of the V1 just came out and rumor is that it's pretty nasty on K band, even better than the redline. No testing has been done though so we are not sure just yet.

Power User

Better or better for the price? I have a better setup, but it costs a lot.