Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default Who would a cop pull over?? read more to answer please!

Hey! I was thinking one day.... if I was speeding and someone was following right behind me (not tailgating or anything, about 3-4 cars behind but still crusing at a high speed) But say ya'll both pass a cop, me having a radar detector would know if the cop shot instant on, so lets say the other driver doesnt have a radar detector and the cop shot instant on at me. Would the cop pull me over or the other dude real close behind me? Plus another advantage i could say maybe was, after passing the cop i literally take off leaving the other car in the dust. But reason i'm asking is because i've heard radar was never really accurate enough to pin point a car, so two cars traveling relativly the same speed doesnt the cop have to choose which one to pull over? So saying you just speed away leaving the other car way behind do you think the cop would just pull over the other dude behind you because he's closer or just go after you because your obviously going faster? I'm just wondering, this hasnt actually happened to me nor do i plan on it, but i'm just saying, if the situation came up, what should i do? Thank you for any informative replys!

Professional

Default radar

I had one experience with my V-1 between Lansing and Detroit Michigan on I-96 eastbound. I was in the right lane...doing 80. Another car was in the left lane doing 82. Side by side for a few miles. He had a Cobra. I had a V-1. Cop used instant on at last moment from the stand-still in the median. The cop must not have used instant on for a while because the V-1 would have picked it up for sure. Anyway, he looked at us both..almost broke his neck....but did not pull out. If anything, he could have pulled both of us over.

I was happy.

Power User

Default Re: radar

Quote Originally Posted by icantdrive55
    I had one experience with my V-1 between Lansing and Detroit Michigan on I-96 eastbound. I was in the right lane...doing 80. Another car was in the left lane doing 82. Side by side for a few miles. He had a Cobra. I had a V-1. Cop used instant on at last moment from the stand-still in the median. The cop must not have used instant on for a while because the V-1 would have picked it up for sure. Anyway, he looked at us both..almost broke his neck....but did not pull out. If anything, he could have pulled both of us over.

I was happy.
    Crap, the cops I know don't care about accuracy, they will pull both over if not just the one. And as far as trying to "outrun" and leave the car behind to get the ticket, again the cops I know love a good chase. :roll:

Yoda of Radar

A single LEO will often simply take the rear car... otherwise they have to make a pass just to get to the lead car... which makes an already dangerous job (catching up to a speeder)... more dangerous.

Sometimes you will find they (LEO's) will try to pull over the front target and give the LP (and description) of the second, or pull both over at once, or again just pull over the front car they targeted. It really depends on the situation... and more importantly the LEO.

How do they pull over more than one car on a road such as an interstate?

Power User

You also have the situation that the seconds car does slow, the LEO is pissed off that you continued to take off, again LEO like to take down the "bad guy".

I have personally seen a whole pack of cars (I realize this is a different scenerio all together) running together, the lead car came over a hill, and slammed on his brakes, hence everyone behind him slammed on his brakes, it was too late, LEO pulled out and caught up to him and pulled him over.

But even still in Florida, I always see the LEO's go after the lead car. A few times they take the guy running last, poor guy. But I have seen a LEO take both people, even three people, I do not know how they can manage that. HEY YOU! FOLLOW ME AND PULL OVER!

The situation has to be perfect, and the drivers have to be sheepishly willing to just follow the cop.

Yoda of Radar

Yeah it really is all about the situation and the LEO, you simply cant say what every LEO would do under every circumstance.

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: Who would a cop pull over?? read more to answer please!

Quote Originally Posted by NRTrackChamp2004
    Hey! I was thinking one day.... if I was speeding and someone was following right behind me (not tailgating or anything, about 3-4 cars behind but still crusing at a high speed) But say ya'll both pass a cop, me having a radar detector would know if the cop shot instant on, so lets say the other driver doesnt have a radar detector and the cop shot instant on at me. Would the cop pull me over or the other dude real close behind me? Plus another advantage i could say maybe was, after passing the cop i literally take off leaving the other car in the dust. But reason i'm asking is because i've heard radar was never really accurate enough to pin point a car, so two cars traveling relativly the same speed doesnt the cop have to choose which one to pull over? So saying you just speed away leaving the other car way behind do you think the cop would just pull over the other dude behind you because he's closer or just go after you because your obviously going faster? I'm just wondering, this hasnt actually happened to me nor do i plan on it, but i'm just saying, if the situation came up, what should i do? Thank you for any informative replys!
    I don't know where you are from but her in the anus state AKA Illinois state troopers have been know to pull 2 and 3 cars over at the same time by themselves!!! Don't know how they do it but have seen it half a dozen times....

Radar Fanatic

I wanna see 3 cars get pulled over at once. . . by 1 cop. How dumb would you feel being the 3rd car to get the ticket. You totally just wasted about an hour of your life - just to pay atleast a hundred dollar ticket.